“Hidden Gem”

Claysons Cafe, Wine Bar and Bistro
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I My son lives in the town of Brackley while stationed to serve the US military. I am here on holidaforthe month of April, you can only imagine how fortunate I felt when I stumbled unto Clayson's Wine Bar. We had lunch there last week, had a lovely chat with Natalie, all while enjoying our lunch. I plan to attend Italian night and the upcoming singles event.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

not certain what this place wants to be - says cafe, wine bar ....

. New to brackley thought we'd give it a try. Looked closed when we approached but gave it a try any way because of reviews on this site. weren't greeted when we arrived, waitress turned up few minutes later - thought they had to have hair tied back?

service was eventully ok, food was ok but didn't match promise of menu - had better burger in cj's cheaper

didnt feel welcome or valued - not going back

Brackley W, Front Office Manager at Claysons Cafe, Wine Bar and Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Thanks sweetiepops2014 for your feedback. We work hard to try and deliver a high quality of service and I apologise that we didn't deliver on your visit.
I can assure you we use the highest quality of ingredients and I am sorry this didn't meet your expectations.
We also always insist the girls wear their hair up, and you can rest assure that further measures are now in place to make sure this is done in the future.
Finally we do make sure all of our customers are welcomed as they come through the door, however as they are also busy serving other customers, this isn't always possible, however it has been noted and i will be asking the team to make sure this is done as and when possible as their priority.
We would love it if we could have another chance to meet your expectations, please do try us again, maybe in an evening over a glass of wine.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

relaxed, friendly, helpful. all the staff made sure we had a lovely time. definitely worth seeking out!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

We went to the valentine's day Spanish evening put on by Brackley wines and it was excellent. We were greeted by James who runs Brackley wines and is a fantastic host, and received a complimentary glass of fizz before choosing our bottle of wine to accompany our meal. All this was included in the price,and the food, a selection of tapas style dishes, was very tasty. Overall this was a lovely evening and I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

This wonderfully atmospheric and homely wine bar has become my place of sanctuary! Wonderful meats , cheeses , pates and wines served by such a knowledgeable and charismatic owner always with a smile. Nothing is too much for these guys and I can guarantee that you will be made so welcome .