“Good food, but service can be patchy during busy times”
Review of The Green Man Inn

The Green Man Inn
Ranked #12 of 41 Restaurants in Brackley
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Good food, but service can be patchy during busy times”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We've eaten here several times over the last six months, and the food has been very good, but the service has been a bit hit and miss, mostly caused by staff just being too busy. This Chef & Brewer restaurant is right next to a Premier Inn, and close to Silverstone racing circuit, also right on the busy A43, so sometimes it's really busy, and I think they just get a little overwhelmed. Having said that, I would still recommend the restaurant for the wide choice and quality of food, and will probably be going there again soon. Tip: If you find yourself waiting more than 20 minutes for the bill, just go to the bar and ask to pay there.

1 Thank Alan B

Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Nice food. Slow service.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at the Premier Inn adjacent several times and there is no problem there at all. However, signal reception on Vodaphone is non-existent at this location.

Food at the Green Man has been good on all my visits - I've never had a bad experience with food, evening or at breakfast.

My only comment is with regard to speed of service. Once ordered, food arrives promptly, but on several occasions it has taken in the region of 15-30 mins for my food order to be taken on an evening after being served with the drink I ordered when seated. This might be an acceptable period when dining as a group, but is excessive for a lone diner.

This is the reason why I have scored 'Service' as I have.

If this can be addressed I'm sure it would make a distinct difference.

scotland
“TERRIBLE SERVICE”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food is good but the service badly lets this place down.After waiting to be seated a another 30 minutes passed being ignored than a passing waiter was grabbed to take a drink and food order.At the end a further 20 minute wait for the bill after asking for it and then to end the eveing there was a totally uninterested barman who could not manage a thank you or a smile taking ages to serve a drink.The chef is good but is let down by who ever looks after the waiting staff.

1 Thank walkde
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at The Green Man Inn, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear walkde, thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these comments further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer.
UK expat
“Not that bad, for the location”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

For the money and location, the food was OK. Generous portions, but no particular flair in the food or its presentation. The service was better than previous reviews had led us to expect and everything came promptly.

“Lovely Anniversary Meal”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I went here for a lovely meal over the may bank holiday weekend. We were looked after well and the food was brilliant, especially the fantastic Eton Mess Cheesecake. We had a 20% off voucher which we were emailed when we booked online, making the evening even more enjoyable. We chose this restaurant over the two rosette graded restaurant at nearby Whittlebury Hall, where we were staying and we were so glad we did. The service was much more personal and friendly and the food was of a better standard and quality than we have previously had and did have at Whittlebury Hall. We would and have highly recommended this place already and will be back soon!!

2 Thank Andrea L