“Best Bed & Breakfast Experience Ever !!”
Review of The Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Brackley
The Cottage
Ranked #3 of 6 Brackley B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Best Bed & Breakfast Experience Ever !!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

A friend and I stayed at the cottage B&B in Brackley. Lynnette & Derek Crane are the owners and I am not sure where to begin. I hope I do this justice. The Accommodation is lovely, super clean and I have never had so many towels in the bathroom to choose from. There was a lovely sitting room to sit in and relax as well as a garden that really should be behind a large wall and called the secret garden. The garden is pretty, the breakfast each morning was at the time that we wanted, supper full english and as much tea and toast as we could eat. The owners really should be approached by hotel in order to train staff in friendly and wonderful customer service. Every query / question answered in a helpful and informative way.

From chickens in th garden to a little pond to a fridge to store wine and food. A nice table and chairs in the garden with a sofa on a swing, such joy on a summers evening. It was a place to stay that had everything, well that I think is important. At night with my bedroom window open the noise was strange as there was no noise, if you need to rest and want peace and quiet this is the place to be.

I know I have missed something in which I will be annoyed but staying here added to the weekend away. I was here for the formula one at Silverstone, so after the maddness and noise what a great place to come back too. If I come again I would only hope that I would be able to stay here, what a great place to stay. Thank you very much Lynnette & Derek.

Room Tip: Ask Lynnette & Derek they will help you!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gerard_Bergin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Werecently had the pleasure of staying in the flat at THE COTTAGE in Brackley. Lynette and Derek are very lovely hosts and couldn't be more helpful. We found the flat very well equipped and comfortable. The garden is lovely and very interesting. We have stayed in many B and B s but would consider this to be outstanding. Very good value!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but for longer than a weekend I would recommend the flat as it has a lounge...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Steph H
liverpool
Reviewed April 14, 2013

As someone who stays away with work at least 2 to 3 nights each week, the cottage website doesn't do it justice.

As I write this I'm sat in their garden at our rooms (chalet) patio area. The room my wife and I have is called 'the office', which is a recent conversion. This room is found at the end of the garden and the patio area is great for sitting out in the evening, even if it rains as you are under cover. The patio area has a large table and chairs and lots of space for four people, which was great as my mum and aunty stayed in one of the other rooms (chalet) so of an evening we all gathered around our table as not all of the rooms have the patio. There are other rooms I believe, a couple of which are attached to the house where Derek & Lynette live.

Our room was beautifully decorated and has 2 single beds with an en suite shower and toilet, everything has been carefully thought of and lots and lots of little extras. We always carry extra things in the car as some B&B's can be lacking which is definitely not the case here. From, chocolates, fresh flowers, fruit, tea, coffee, home made cakes, wine, water, pop, books, cd's, board games, ear plugs (which i think my aunty would have been grateful for as my mum could snore for England) We also had plenty of luxury towels, tv, music player, hair dryer, quick boil kettle, fridge, plates and cutlery for when we brought home our tea. The room was easily warmed up with many radiators.

Lynette & Derek couldn't do anymore for us than they did. They are there if needed but are unintrusive. Breakfast is served between 7 and 9 and it is cooked really well. Cereal, fresh fruits, yoghurts & fresh juice to start. Then tea & coffee is served and when you're ready outcomes the toast and your cooked breakfast is laid out and ready for you to help yourself. Great start to the day.

I would definitely recommend The Cottage B&B in Brackley

Room Tip: The office room, (I think) is better especially because of the patio area.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank tittch9
Yorkshire
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped here total of 5 nights for business, this is a little gem, hidden away down a cul-de-sac.

The first time we stopped we was lead out down the garden and I thought "where heck are we going" but we ended up in a chalat, newly built with everything and more, this place is better kitted out the most hotels, in each room: all the usual stuff, plus soft drinks, robes. slippers, sewing kits, music, Harrods soaps for example.

Breakfast is fresh and plentiful, I didn't want a full English so asked for poached eggs, no problem! just ask.

The Cottage is clean, safe and comfortable, a credit to lynette and Derek.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank dansk00
Eastbourne
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Three of us stayed for 4 nights at The Cottage for the British Grand Prix at Silverstone. We were made to feel very welcome from the moment we arrived. Our rooms were comfortable and clean with the added touches of complimentary tea, coffee, soft drinks, chocolates, bath robes and toiletries. Nothing was too much trouble including altering the delicious breakast times to suit a very rain affected Silverstone. Plus when we realised we may not get into the circuit on Saturday due to all the parking problems, the owner Derek gave us all a lift in to as close as he could get and picked us up later that evening. Needless to say, we have already booked for next year! Would highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank hilary p
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brackley
The Crown Hotel
#1 of 1 in Aynho
Deddington Arms Hotel
Deddington Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Deddington

Been to The Cottage? Share your experiences!