“Flys all on the food!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

We have just eaten a carvery it was ok, how ever as it was not busy food was left out. Big blue bottle flys we're all on the food, when I told the waitress it must be covered she just rolled her eyes and said that the doors were open. I asked her again to cover the meat which was crawling in flys and she ignored me. I asked her why she was ignoring me and she walked away. This is terrible will never go back be warned!Not happy

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a choice between the dinner menu for the restaurant or the bar menu. The dinner menu is more expensive and has some more, shall we say, gourmet, choices. The bar menu is your standard pub grub fair. We chose the bar menu: steak and chips and a piri-piri chicken with chips and coleslaw. The portions were huge and the chips were lovely, but there was just too much.

The biggest problem was the staff did not have fantastic English and when you asked for something you did have to ask for it twice. I can imagine this might annoy some people - especially if you have issues with foreign workers as some people do seem to in the current political climate. But the staff were very helpful, polite and accommodating.

Nice quality, basic food with very generous portions. Not as cheap as some of the 'chain' pubs, so slightly more expensive, but not too bad if you are staying here or passing through as there aren't really any chains in the village anyway.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Fantastic, all food was first class. The steak was cooked to perfection and the mushroom and pepper stroganoff was absolutely delicious.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Food was terrible, most of the clientele were over 65 so they possibly enjoy over cooked vegetables and meat. I could not stay for my pudding and coffee. We went to Costas for that.

2  Thank Brie J
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Ask for Becks get given Stella with lime?
Ask for Becks with a top get Shandy?
Warm wine and rubbish food

3  Thank Darren M