“One word, Exceptional! Manor Estate ticked all the boxes, and left me not wanting to leave my home away from home.”
Review of Manor Estate

Manor Estate
Ranked #1 of 2 Kangarilla B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 5, 2011

From the moment I drove through the gates and up to the grand facade of the palatial home, I was filled with expectation. I was greeted by the host very warmly and shown to my suite, 'The Retreat' tucked away at the back of the homestead, it provided me with all the comforts I could conjure up, and left nothing of my wish list. My only disappointment was that I had to leave, to go back to my life.

• Stayed April 2011
8 Thank JussiD

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed April 12, 2011

In my personal experience from working for the Discovery and Caravanner magazines this is a must see location to visit.
This beautiful Manor is set in a surrounding of lushes trees located near the local wineries and mount bold reservoir.
As we drove down the drive way, trees covered over head with a fantastic water fountain surrounded by flowers on our approach to the manor. We were greeted from the owner, the as we were taken to the room he explained the local attractions the use of TV and details of our breakfast. The sounds of horses, native birds and the odd koala up a tree really made our trip worth the stay, allowing my friend and I to experience a relaxing get away from home.
Furthermore we have noticed from our experience in two of the rooms a unique way to make each visit rewarding. One day you’re in a modern corporate room with a spa to relax and soak up the suds and later you’re in a colonial retreat with a four poster bed, fire place, high arched ceilings with curtains to match in an old English setting.

Room Tip: regency or retreat is a must see
7 Thank mikeadventurer
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Upon arrival we were met by our host, stained shirt and all. Book in was on the billard table, the one less that a metre from the open fireplace with no wood,,, bells start ringing. Taken to our room, not suite room then shown our thermostate for the heating, hmmm no vents or panels for heating, just the thermostate, maybe the globe in the thermostate heats the room. The bathroom was shared by...wait for it, 4 other rooms and flooded !! The bed was low on the floor with a particle board base, yes no slats, a solid base. No matress protector. Continental breakfast, what a joke that was. No fresh fruit as advertised, no fresh flowers as advertised. One chair in the room and no table at all. Linen piled up over a metre outside our room, nice storage!!! The grounds need some TLC, loved the pile of approx 500 bottles less than 50 metres from the house. Then at approx 5am a wake up call from their big dog barking in the house for near an hour!!!! The bathroom has mould in the shower, it floods, it smells. Lets get the hell out of this place never to return... Could be amazing place with good management and a few changes.

Room Tip: Don't Book, go somewhere else.
15 Thank IANLIANE

Travelers are raving about these Kangarilla hotels

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Having flown in from interstate, my partner & I arrived early for our 4pm check-in, so took in the backdrop while we waited. First appearances were, peaceful, rustic, natural, and lovely. An hour later someone finally arrived. We were placed in the wrong room, then an hour later asked to move once we had already unpacked, showered and still had wet hair. My partner tried to sort matters out with the owner, but was rudely spoken on top of. Our new room did not have a bathroom, so we shared with other residents. According to their website, a continental breakfast hamper was to be delivered to the suite - Didn't receive it, and there was no-one available in the morning to speak to. Lots of cob webs & millipedes, leaking shower, noisy fridge right next to the bed, TV reception was bad to no signal, needed to ask for an iron & ironing board. Pitch black, and no lighting outside, so good luck finding your way back to the house once you've parked your car in the dark. To be blunt, it was not worth the price. We would advise anyone against the Manor Estate - it was really hard work.

Room Tip: A friendly dog, and horse.. that's about it...
17 Thank Isabella-ai
Adelaide
Reviewed March 19, 2011

Terrible. The room we stayed in had cobwebs, dust, lots of millepede's and spiders. I purchased surface spray and used half a can trying to kill all the millepede's but no luck.
on the second night there was a lady screaming through the hotel I couldn't hear what she was saying. It was 11pm at night an scary. I rang the owner and he said the couple up stairs were having some trouble. We didn't stay the third night we just went home early. Every time we got out of bed we had to wear shoes so we didn't step on any millepede's. There was no shower curtain and the shower head was terrible. No washing machine as quoted by wotif.com. It was the most unpleasant stay. It was not worth the $189 a night we paid. I would rather camp in a tent.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
14 Thank colonious
Reviewed March 18, 2011

The room looked okay at first. The place is infested with millipedes! Although it was a cool night there was no wood if you wanted to have a fire in the "Grand fireplace". Continental breakfast provisions - cereal only, no bread for toast! The bed was pretty but uncomfortable, lumpy and every time my partner turned over it squeaked. Really annoying! Location peaceful, if only they got the rest right!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
14 Thank Critique2000
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 16, 2011

Perfect hidden location. Maclaren Vale, IMO, is slightly underrated in comparison to more famous Barossa. This region, however, provides beautiful scenery for most of it's wineries and B&B's, and Manor Estate is just fantastic! Hidden away from the road, with a beautiful driveway with a fountain in the middle, vast grounds and manicured lawns. The room with marble floors and a four post bed was equally beautiful.

So if you want to escape for a weekend, switch off your phone and head to Manor Estate. You won't regret it.

• Stayed January 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kangarilla
Serafino McLaren Vale
Longview Vineyard
Longview Vineyard
#1 of 2 in Macclesfield
Wine and Roses Bed and Breakfast

Been to Manor Estate? Share your experiences!