“Best BnB in the hills” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Stirling B&B and Inns
Perth, Australia
“Best BnB in the hills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is our second stay at The Retreat and always love it as its comfortable,has beautiful decor and just a great homely relaxed feel.Plus also the breakfast is fresh and delicious .The sofas in the lounge are very comfy too ,especially with a wonderful glass of Bird in Hand from the local winery.Yummy!my Favourite.
Mainly targeted at couples we stayed with our two children as it has two bedrooms and the pool for the kids ,they just love it, plus also having a play with(the owners)dog Casey..
Also its close to Stirling and the surrounding Hills towns and 10 mins to the city.
We will be back on our next visit to Adelaide.just love it. Thanks to Helen and Brian for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Helen R
Bryan21Sirling, Owner at The Retreat at Stirling, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We do appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again next year. We'll make sure Casey is fit and ready to play Regards Helen

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

I sincerely enjoyed my stay at this little private place, clean and very roomy, loved the fireplace and the breakfast was awesome thank you Helen, especially the fresh bread yummy!!! I will definitely book it again. Only disappointment was that the spa was not in a working condition and that I am a very light sleeper so the traffic kept me awake. But overall a pretty awesome place. Thank you Sanette

• Stayed March 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Helen R, Owner at The Retreat at Stirling, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your feed-back Sanette. My apologies again that the spa was not working. We were only aware that the pump was not working on the day of your arrival and were unable to get it fixed in time. Hopefully it will be all good for your next stay. We loved having you stay with us and hoped you enjoyed the beautiful Adelaide Hills. Regards Helen
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Unfortunately we didn't spend much time here as we had a wedding and a busy weekend. Was a very comfy stay with lovely breakfast provisions provided. Loved the pool! Would love to come back and stay in winter. Cosy little lounge room with a view.... perfect for curling up with a book and relaxing...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had a wonderful stay. Modern, light and bright. Set on surrounding Adelaide Hills it was a great escape from everyday life. Highly Recommend. We swam everyday in the pool and some nights enjoyed the spa. Quiet surrounds, sleep was easy and deep. Refreshing place to stay. Give it a try.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Jaanm
Thankyou for writing a review. Your feed back is most appreciative. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again one day
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

Was in Adelaide for a hosted wine tasting trip for my lifestyle blog (www.thecambelles.com) and my hosts (Bird in Hand Winery) were so very kind to have hosted us at The Retreat for two nights.

This was a luxurious bed and breakfast experience for me. It was my first trip to Adelaide and second B&B I was at during my trip and it was amazing.

Nice wooden floors, spacious living and kitchenette area and heating was amazing especially since we were there just as autumn was running into winter. The television in the living area above the fireplace was a tad small for the huge room but very comfortable couches.

Standard B&B breakfast ingredients were provided and had no problem with cooking on both mornings I was there.

Did not manage to try the Aqua aerobics as I did not pack my swimwear.

The bathroom is amazing. There's a jacuzzi and attached shower. I had a good time in the bathroom. Water was nice and warm and provided me great relief from the cold.

Soft and comfortable beds in both rooms as well. The complimentary WIFI was a nice touch though it could only be accessed in certain areas of the living area. Still, I understand WIFI is an expensive affair everywhere we went so no complaints about it! I was grateful to be able to access the internet during those two days at The Retreat!

All in all it was a lovely experience in the Hills at The Retreat and its definitely making me want to try other B&Bs to see how they stack up against it!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank carriesim
Victor Harbor, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2011

Call me pedantic, but clearly the photographs on the web site were taken when the apartment was launched many years ago. It is starting to look a bit tired as evidenced by chipped paintwork inside, the coffee table and dining table are of a standard that I wouldn’t even give as a donation to Vinnies and clearly need upgrading, the outside of the building could do with a coat of paint and the pavers definitely need the attention of a high pressure hose. The fully equipped kitchen hosts two dreadful fry pans that have clearly seen better days and on which I struggled to cook breakfast, and a solitary saucepan. We were not advised when booking that the pool would be used for aqua classes all afternoon until 7.45 pm which was a disappointment. On the plus side, the bedroom and bathroom were very nicely done and the gas fire very welcome on a wet Hills evening. Breakfast provisions were excellent and I loved the freshly squeezed orange juice. Due to the excellent company I shared, my visit was not a total disappointment but I think some issues need to be attended to. (Date of experience: Nov, 2010 )

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank swimminglyme
Bryan21Sirling, Owner at The Retreat at Stirling, responded to this review, October 17, 2014
We are grateful for the feedback about many aspects of our property. Glad that you found the apartment clean and well provisioned. We also appreciate the helpful suggestions you have made for ways we can improve.
Our sincere apologies that the bottle of champagne was not in the fridge for your arrival. It is a tradition we have to provide an excellent local champagne and it was an oversight on our part not to notice it wasn't there.
We understand how concerned you would be with the problem of the door lock. Our mobile telephone numbers (together with other relevant Emergency numbers) are in the B&B for easy contact with us day and night. Had we known there was a difficulty we would have sent a locksmith over ASAP. We have now had the lock repaired.
Thank you for bringing the private outdoor courtyard to our attention. The Trees outside the courtyard were blown around in the recent winds and the blossom and leaves made their way into the courtyard.
There is a swimming pool timetable available showing when the pool is in use. The pool is available for B&B guests to use at any time when no class is scheduled. There is no need to made a booking. Just wander in.
There was an aqua-aerobics class in the pool during your stay. A complimentary invitation for you to join the class was left on the table. I'm sorry you didn't see the invitation.
You may not be aware but the smoke alarm in the B&B is hard-wired and doesn't run off a battery.
Thank you for your other helpful suggestions. Your feedback and ideas are welcomed.
We hope you will return one day.
Kind regards
Helen & Brian
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stirling
Mount Lofty House - MGallery by Sofitel
Sticky Rice Villas
#1 of 1 in Stirling
Cladich Pavilions Bed and Breakfast
Hahndorf Resort Tourist Park

Been to The Retreat at Stirling? Share your experiences!