“Lovely catch up”

Ranked #2 of 19 Restaurants in Stirling
Cuisines: Australian, Healthy, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: A Wholefood Cafe - Vegetarian based, using a mix of Conventional and Certified Organic Ingredients. Special dietary needs catered for. Organic Wines and Beers. Fairtrade and Organic Tea and Coffee. Open 364 days 8.00Am to 5.00Pm. (Kitchen closes at 4.30Pm). We are passionate about Good Coffee and Fresh Healthy Food.
Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

We had breakfast there with some friends from out of town. The food was good, limited selection but good however the service was really slow. It took 35 min to bring out some fruit toast.
Lovely place to go but don't expect quick service even when it isn't very busy.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I love the ambience and especiallythe homemade soups. I love to people watch as there are a lot of "hippies" there - free spirited folks.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was on a strict diet when I visited this cafe and expected that this would be a pretty food friendly place for a vegetarian on a gluten free and dairy free diet. Alas I was wrong and went hungry. There was literally nothing I could have on the menu and they didn't offer to accommodate in anyway. I was quite disappointed.

I was also underwhelmed by the set up (line up to the till goes past the front door and close to dining tables), the decor and the service in general.

I can't say anything about the food because I didn't eat but I certainly won't be rushing back here.

The attached organic store is pretty good however.

1  Thank Teresa_Bridgewater
OrgMkt, Owner at The Organic Market & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thanks for the comments on the Café - am a bit alarmed at the (lack of) service you appear to have received. As you were expecting, we do endeavor to cater for most dietary needs - maybe not always right across the full menu - but certainly there is always something dairy free and gluten free on request. The focus of our food has always been vegetarian, with our freshly made soups and salads reflecting this. Don’t give up on us - we try hard and will sharpen the pencil. Thanks.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

When you visit this cafe and market you can eat really tasty, well-prepared, fresh and cooked food, drink a a coffee or herbal tea, buy a huge range of organic produce or maybe a CD of the music being played while you sit under the huge oak trees and look at the wonderful changes of season in the small Adelaide Hills village of Stirling. It's 15 minute drive from the city up the Freeway. Sometimes crowded, sometimes noisy, sometimes quiet and cosy but always heaps of atmosphere and a really friendly staff.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

What a gat little place, came here fur lunch and had a delicous soup and salad and now 4 hours later I find myself here again with a nice chai. Great food great atmosphere, and definitely a place I will come back to