“A mixed experience”

Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough
Ranked #2 of 2 Southborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We had a very enjoyable three night break this Month. The hotel is well situated with adequate free parking. It is very clean and comfortable with friendly helpful staff and good food.
We had asked for a quiet room but that was not possible and the fire alarm went off during the first night.
We would certainly return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank robar13
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for your recent review, It was good of you to take the time to leave your feedback following your visit to The Hand & Sceptre, Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells .

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Having previously lived near to this establishment we called for a drink yesterday with a view to possibly eating here. The service from who I presumed to be the person in charge (he wasn't dressed in uniform) was extremely rude.

When I had my second drink the same member of staff proceeded to serve me before turning to serve who I presumed to be a regular who was sitting at the bar. The fact that the guy had only that second finished his drink and I had been waiting for sometime annoyed me somewhat.

The barman could see I was not happy so he returned and served me with quite an edge to his manner and tone. After being served my drink and my change I thanked him to which he totally ignored me, I thanked him again but again with no response. If this is the attitude of the manager quite frankly I think it is disgusting service. I left after that drink without asking for a copy of the menu.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank genuinejenk
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your visit toThe Hand & Sceptre, Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells on our Trip Advisor page. We were disappointed to read that you were not satisfied, and we have replied to you personally about this.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

Absolutely excellent - the outside of the accommodation looked really inviting, with lovely modern colours, interesting extensions from an original building. The inside exceeded expectations. The bar/restaurant area is very well furnished, with some really different features - such as copper on the bar tables, and very well organised with lots of interesting alcoves - although it is a large place it did not seem so, as tables are tucked away around corners - very ingenious. Very comfortable furnishings, and very clean. The food is excellent, we ate there two nights and both meals were very tasty and excellently cooked - I had lamb and this was mouth watering - hubby had fillet of bass, he thoroughly enjoyed. Hubby is a chef, so our standards are high, rarely find food up to his standards, but these meals hit the spot, and were delicious. We stayed there two nights, and the room was well decorated, modern colours, with modern furnishings - could not have found better. Breakfast was either self service or cooked for you specially - no-one could want more. Staff very friendly and helpful. Could not fault this at all - only praise. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara S
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Thank you for your review, it is great to read that you enjoyed your visit to The Hand and Sceptre, Innkeepers Lodge, Tunbridge Wells and I have shared your comments with all the team. We have replied to you personally and look forward to taking care of you again soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

This is the first time I stayed at the Innkeepers Lodge. I travel toTunbridge Wells frequently to meet with my publishers, at their head office. I usually stay at another hotel which was fully booked on this occasion. This turned out to be a lucky turn of events as I much preferred the Innkeepers Lodge. I was greeted with a warm welcome, shown to my room which was perfect for my stay. I met my publishers one evening to eat in the Inn's restaurant and the food was fantastic. I will definitely be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Thank you for posting your kind review about your visit to Innkeeper's Lodge, Tunbridge Wells, Southborough on Trip Advisor. It is our aim to give every customer the very best service and experience possible.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Innkeeper's Lodge in Southbourough for one night in April for a friend's wedding that was happening nearby. We booked on laterooms and got a reasonably good rate so were pleased. The hotel is very easy to find and has a lot of parking. We were greeted warmly on arrival and had the various dos and donts explained to us and headed up to our room. The room was small but adequate for a one night stay, I wouldn't want to stay for a longer time there as there was barely time to move. Bed was comfy and lots of natural light. Good tea and coffee making facilities and a clean bathroom. The shower looked excellent however our main issue came about here when the thing would not turn off for love nor money. We were in a major rush and had to leave the room with it still running. When we got back at 2am it was still going! We had to call the night staff who came down and fixed it and explained that this was an ongoing thing that she thought had been fixed. She was very helpful considering it was 2am! We didn't eat in the pub itself but had a few drinks. I was very excited about my espresso martini, unfortunately it was very bitter and hard to drink. Overall the hotel was fine for what we needed but am not sure I would go out of my way to stay here again.

Room Tip: We were in Room 5 and it had the dodgy shower that wouldn't turn off. Hopefully it has been fixe...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Your review is very helpful to us, and we will take note of the points you have made following your visit to Innkeepers Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough .

Reviewed May 6, 2014

In general I was very pleased with our stay. We ate in the restaurant and the food was very good. The room was modern and well equipped and the location of the hotel is very pretty and convenient for getting into town. The staff were helpful and polite but do need to keep up to date with the offers they have on. We had a voucher for a free Pimms which stated one voucher per table for up to 5 people. They said we needed one per person. The website also states that you get complimentary elderflower cordial in the rooms but we were told this expired a year ago. It is on the website now and doesn't mention any dates. In both cases the staff were very nice and honoured the offers anyway but it did feel like I was asking for favours because they haven't read their own information. It was still a lovely break overall and I would definitely stay again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Your kind recommendation means a lot to us here at Innkeepers Lodge Tunbridge Wells, and we are so glad to hear that your visit was a positive one. We have replied to you personally about your review.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Nice room althought a little small and cold on arrival. One problem is no pillow protectors!and pillows rather flat, and bathroom a little cold and small.Over all nice hotel would stay again.Food very nice and giod choice.

• Stayed: April 2014
Innkeepers_Lodge_01, Public Relations Manager at Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

The time you have taken to leave us a review following your visit to Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Well's is appreciated, and we will use your comments to ensure that our standards do not fall.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southborough
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Premier Inn Tonbridge Hotel
Smart and Simple Hotel
Smart and Simple Hotel
#11 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough? Share your experiences!