The Innkeeper's Lodge is the lodging part of a lovely country gastropub - 'The Hand and Sceptre'. I stayed here with my husband for just Saturday night in order to visit friends in the area. The whole place is decorated in a contemporary style, which works surprisingly well with this historic building, which overlooks the village green (cricket) and common. On check-in, we were greeted by charming member of staff who was efficient friendly and helpful. Our double room was compact but very pleasantly decorated - the bathroom was especially bright and clean and I appreciated the complimentary toiletries. We made use of the in-room tea/coffee facilities too. Our room (no 3) was quiet and we both slept well in the comfy bed. Breakfast was very plentiful and included lots of choice from cereals, toast and spreads, croissants/pastries, muffins and fresh fruit accompanied by a selection of teas, fresh coffee and fruit juices. The dining room itself was bright and clean and made for a lovely way to end our stay. There was another member of staff in quiet attendance looking after things discreetly, but efficiently. Whilst we decided to have the continental included in the room rate, it is possible to upgrade to a full cooked breakfast as the couple of the next table did, which looked lovely! All in all I would recommend The Innkeepers Lodge to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amongst some of the prettiest villages in Kent, Innkeeper's Lodge Southborough offers characterful yet convenient accommodation in the Royal Tunbridge Wells area.Dating back to 1728, this beautifully restored lodge is a lovely place to unwind - whether you're attending a conference at the Camden Centre or simply enjoying the best of what the Garden of England has to offer. Grab a seat on the pub's terrace and you might even catch a game of cricket on the picturesque Southborough green.Inside, you'll find both period charm and modern luxury aplenty. There are 14 comfy rooms a cosy, stylish pub serving fresh, seasonal food and top-drawer drinks.Southborough, a bustling little town with a 75-acre common, is a perfect base for exploring nearby attractions. There's Groombridge Place, a moated manor house with a secret garden, and museum devoted to the works of Sherlock Holmes creator, Arthur Conan Doyle. Equally worth exploring are the 125 acres of beautiful gardens around Hever Castle, or the English wines at Lamberhurst Vineyards. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Hand And Sceptre, Innkeeper`s Lodge
- The Hand & Sceptre, Innkeeper`s Hotel Southborough
- Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough Kent, England