“Lovely room, delicious breakfast!”

Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough
Ranked #2 of 2 Southborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stayed here few nights ago with my family, and I have to say we all had a wonderful time. :-) One of the managers checked us in, I think his name is Glenn. Big smile, very worm welcome. The room was more than big enough for 3 of us. Very comfortable! I liked the the way they decorated the room. Then we had a lovely breakfast in the morning. Sophie was greeting us, and made sure that there is plenty of choices. Newspapers on the bar, the smell of fresh coffee and croissants. Perfect start of the morning. :-) Overall we were very satisfied with the service, with the staff. I`m definitely going to recommend to friends, and will be returning.

Thank You very much!

Room Tip: For a family I would recommend room 9.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Charlotte K

Reviewed August 23, 2012

stayed here august 22nd 2012 stayed here with my husband for 1 night we were going to book for 2 nights but the room was so hot it was unbearable the window was open a few inches but you couldn't open it anymore the toilet was leaking on the floor the breakfast was disappointing the croissants were so hard you couldnt eat them the staff were more interested in laying tables for lunch than making us welcome such a shame because its has some very nice points

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vanessa G
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My partner and I stayed here a couple of years ago and were genuinely impressed with the overall value for money, so were quite happy to be staying here again with my two youngest children in June. What a different experience this time!

We booked a family room, which turned out to be at the top of the stairs and therefore very noisy since all other guests had to go past the door to get to their. The room itslef was a good size, but storage space for clothes is minimal, especially for a family. The bed linen for the sofa bed was torn and dirty, the toilet seat was loose, and the bedside CD-clock was broken. Of greater concern, however, was that the wash-basin was coated in dried vomit. Not a great start.

The staff were pleasant and attempted to be helpful, but nobody seemed to be effectively untrained and no-one seemed to be in charge. Nonetheless, the wash-basin was cleaned.

At breakefast (a buffet affair) the following morning there was no butter. We were told that the chef had "forgotten to order any" and there was nothing that could be done. I pointed out that there was a Tesco Express just down the road which would be open, but was told that they weren't allowed to make decisions about the kitchen. So I went out and bought butter from Tesco so that my family and other guests had some for breakfast! Not an isolated incident, since the following morning they had run out of cheese!!

I have raised these issues with the company via their website, but after a month, have heard nothing. I won't be bothering to stay there again, despite the budget prices.

Room Tip: Go for a room at the far end of the corridor!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank IanandBex
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I've stayed here a couple of times now, there isn't a great deal of choice of places to stay in the area and this ticks a few boxes. The rooms are small but quiet and comfortable. I was staying with my partner and the room is so small that we had to take turns to get dressed. (Room 15) Just a couple of niggles, I couldn't open the window, it was jammed shut and the aerial to the TV was broken - I did my own heath robinson repair. The bathroom was okay with a good shower. If you are a light sleeper the local church clock chimes every half hour throughout the night!
The bar below is really good, great food and good beers, if a little expensive. Only a £6 taxi ride in to Tunbridge with plenty of restaurants and bars to choose from.
First time I stayed, 3/4 weeks ago, it was £55 and that was good value, last week it was £69 and I felt that was expensive for the standard of accommodation and sadly there was no negotiation on the rate despite it only being half full - they gave me a choice of rooms which shows how empty it was. I would stay there again but only at the lower rate. I don't eat breakfast and so can't comment on the buffet breakfast - shame they don't do a room only deal.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Stayed one night. Room was clean but perhaps a little small. No foam pillows for those of us allergic to feathers. Food was good and staff friendly and attentive. Overall, great value.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights, whilst in the area visiting family for a birthday celebration. Both bar, restaurant & rooms are newly decorated & wonderfully clean & modern. Staff are all very friendly & helpful. The complimentary Continental breakfast is adequate, however, there is a breakfast menu at an additional cost should you require it, the full English breakfast that we had was excellent. We ate in the restaurant one evening & the food was brilliant. Would definitely use again if in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 7, 2012

We stayed in the H&C for the best part of 3 weeks while our house was being repaired following a flood.

I would highly recommend this hotel - for the price I feel it’s the best hotel in the Tunbridge Wells area.

Rooms are decorated to a very high standard, are clean, tidy, fresh and crisp. All rooms come with an impressive level of amenities as standard including tea / coffee making facilities, a large flat screen TV and an iron / ironing board.

Bathrooms are small but excellent, beautifully decorated and with a massive power shower.

The complimentary continental breakfast is also very good with plenty to choose from.

We never ate in the restaurant but we know plenty of people who have and they rate it very highly. The bar area is also very nice and was always fairly busy, even on a Monday / Tuesday night (although no noise passed into the rooms).

If you are looking for a hotel in the TW area don't be put off by the location (slightly isolated) because the hotel itself more than makes up for it.

Room Tip: I would recommend room numbers 6 & 8
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southborough
Hotel du Vin & Bistro
Premier Inn Tonbridge Hotel
Smart and Simple Hotel
Smart and Simple Hotel
#11 of 14 in Royal Tunbridge Wells

Been to Innkeeper's Lodge Tunbridge Wells, Southborough? Share your experiences!