“The worst Sunday Lunch I have ever had!”
Review of The Crown

The Crown
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Bathford
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013

It is a real shame as it is probably one of our closest pubs but the Sunday lunch we had was shocking. The biggest issue was the meat, it was roast beef and the meat obviously been tenderized, as it looked as if it had been run over by a studded tire, the texture was bizarre. Unfortunately, all the tenderizing in the world obviously couldn't save this meat, it was as tough as old leather and tasted like nothing I ever wish to put in my mouth again. It also had a strange tang to it, a weird flavor that I couldn't quite put my finger on. It was only on leaving the place that I wondered if it really was beef... in which case what was it... my stomach churns at the thought and I wince every time I pass the place and see the sign saying 'Fresh Food'. If it is fresh, which I sincerely doubt, then what exactly is it and how are they legally allowed to sell it.

2  Thank King_Bath

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Being a couple that are used to dining at the Ritz (London and Paris) we weren't quite sure what to expect at the Crown. We were greeted with friendly enough staff, albeit with a slightly hippie, grungy appearance.

Food was served fairly promptly. Oh my days man these were the best fish and chips iv ever had innit. My partner (we're heterosexuals by the way) had a burger which she gleefully ate.

The only thing that was missing was the absence of warmth. It was quite chilly. Now I like to turn the heating down to try and save cash (hell, I was once considering joining Green peace), but was it warm I would be recommending this place for a Michelin.

The end.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

The 2 course dinner menu for £12 is great value and the food was lovely...all clean plates, BUT a glass of white wine for £7 is inexcusable and will put us off going again.
Also the paper menus had seen better days.
The space is lovely and the experience should be better.
Didn't like dogs in restaurant.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stumbled across the crown en route to our hotel & luckily popped in for our evening meal. Good food, service & atmosphere.

1  Thank shonker53
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went to the Crown two years ago while passing through and made a pound of going there again while in the UK again. It was as pleasant as the last time, the staff, and most importantly, the food were very good. A fusion English and French menu and wine list work very well together. Overall, a good place to have dinner.