“Well worth getting lost for!!”
Review of Mill at Gordleton

Mill at Gordleton
Reserve with OpenTable
Mill at Gordleton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hordle
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I chose this restaurant purely on the back of the Trip Advisor reviews, and as usual, it came up trumps - what a find! Find being the operative word as we got quite lost coming cross-country from Burley!

I had booked lunch in the restaurant to celebrate my mother's birthday - there were 3 of us and the restaurant was probably half full which was quite good for a Wednesday I thought. The staff were all very friendly and welcoming and the restaurant itself is one of the nicest I have been to - a designers dream!

We had the set lunch menu which was excellent value at just under £20 a head - the choice was limited - only two for each course but there were other 'Classics' to choose from which were also reasonably priced. The a la carte or Signature Menu is much more expensive but looked very tempting! I had a sweet potato and coconut soup with a home made roll, followed by pork and apple meatballs in a red wine gravey with mashed potato and kale, with strawberry fool for dessert. Everything was delicious and beautifully presented - we were all very happy with what we had ordered. The service was friendly and attentive - the waiter later offered to take a photo of us all once we had left the table. A really nice touch was a Happy Birthday plate which arrived for my mother - with 3 homemade chocolates and a candle in a strawberry - beautifully done! I had completely forgotten that I had told them we were there to celebrate a birthday when I made the booking.

The gardens are a must too - this place must be idyllic on a summer's day - with a terrace lining the edge of the river. The sculpture trail was very interesting too - well worth a visit.

I would love to come back and stay as there are also 8 rooms. We will definitely return - my mother is already planning her 90th birthday celebration here (only another 5 years to go!) but I think we will go back sooner than that! Definitely the best place I have been to in this part of Hampshire.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Nice hotel, lovely drinks. Hotel was beautiful as usual. My problem was the fact that it was too pretentious which is a shame. I know that the place has won various accolades but still.

1  Thank Maximilian_1979
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I've just had lunch at The Mill at Gordelton for the second time. First time I was mightily impressed with a perfectly cooked chicken leg - sounds pretty basic but when did you last have one that was so beautifully cooked you could have been enjoying a Poulet de Bresse in Lyon? Well, just to put The Mill to the test, I ordered the same dish again ( about a year and a half later), and I was thrilled to find the same stunningly good dish! Thank you Chef. Also, big thanks to the lovely receptionist and the gentleman in the bar who looked after us so well. If I didn't have friends to stay with near Hordle, I'd be staying at The Mill. I will be dining here again. What a great destination.

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I live in Lymington and hadn't been to Gordleton Mill for at least 2 years. As my sister and her husband were over from America we thought it was a good excuse to go again. We were not disappointed at all. All the staff were very friendly and attentive and special thanks go to Jane and Lucie, who was about to run the Paris Marathon (her first one) for charity. The dining room has been redecorated and was absolutely lovely with just the right amount of lighting. There was a good choice of food and it was beautifully presented and delicious. The only negative would be that it is quite pricey when compared to other restaurants (Lanes in Lymington for instance where the food is just as good but better value).

Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I were staying and the previous night had eaten in the bar (very cosy, comfy leather chairs, fire, papers and the freshest, crispest chips I've had in a long while). But the restaurant was wonderful. Overlooking the beautiful gardens with very subtle, sophisticated decor and incredibly helpful and friendly staff. They all seem to genuinely care that you have a lovely evening. The bread is freshly made - choices including beetroot and apple. The food is locally-sourced, with lots of fish and seafood. Great cheeseboard too with home-made biscuits and bread. We will be back.