“What an awful journey but what an experience”
Review of Mill at Gordleton

Mill at Gordleton
Reserve with OpenTable
Mill at Gordleton is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Hordle
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I travelled from Oxford to enjoy luch at the Mill at Gordleton however it took three hours to get there. Sitting on the M27 and then when we thought we were finally on our way it took an hour to get from Junction 1 through Lymington all held up by one set of lights. By the time we arrived we were an hour late and Mr & Mrs very grumpy.Although lunch finished at 2pm and we had just arrived nothing was too much trouble. We were shown to our seats very efficently and offered a much needed drink. The menu was exciting different and interesting. My husband chose the Terrine and I had the haddock rarebit which arrived after a very nice basket of home made bread. For mains I had Duck with Cherry sauce, and he had Bream and rarely eats fish which he thoroughly enjoyed. The desserts were amazing. He had a plateful of home made delicious puds, trifle in a shot glass, mango icecream, fruit with coulis a to die for chocolate pot. I had apricot tart with home made ice cream. We needed the walk around the amazing gardens with their sculptures of dragon flies, lions,spiders webs and many interesting displays to keep us there but we had to get to Oxford. We wished we lived nearer as this restaurant would be high on our regular list of must go to

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Lovely food perfectly cooked, service pretty good too although the menu is not very vegetarian friendly.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

By far the best place in the South! Have visited a few times now & it is my absolute favourite place! Stayed over night on one occasion with my sister who also loves it!
The food is always delightful, the staff friendly, attentive & helpful, our stay was most enjoyable & very comfortable with lots of little extras, full of ambiance & very tranquil, the garden is beautiful! with the flowing river & wildlife adding to the scene. Ideal for lunch,dinner or just a drink in the evening or coffee in the afternoon. My husband took me there for my Birthday meal which was also faultless & he loves the place too! Will be visiting again very soon!

Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have visited Gordleton Mill on several occasions, both by gong there with my wife and/or friends for dinner, or on several occasions as part of a party booking for a special occasion. The food is always very good and there welcome and service is attentive and friendly. If I was hyper critical I have found that over a period of time the menu has altered very little, but this really is nit picking, because the food is quite delicious and there are a number of dishes that I find it difficult to chose from. Cost I suppose is on the high end of average but having aid that, the quality makes that well worth while. Certainly a place to eat if you want an all round good night out, especially with friends.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Although we live in Bournemouth we were recommended to try this restaurant, all I can say it was most enjoyable, food was terrific, staff attentive, and all very charming. The garden was a bonus, we shall certainly be going back!!