“Seafood platter”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Barrel o' Beer - CLOSED

Barrel o' Beer
Cuisines: British, Seafood, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Seaton, United Kingdom
“Seafood platter”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

When telephoning to book a man said hello, Isaid "is this the fish restaurant" the answer was"one of them" is this the manager that other diners have complained about I wonder.When we arrived the reception was less than enthusiastic after checking we had booked.Oysters were on the menu as starters,I asked for them-reply "the are off" My wife and I did choose a meal from the al a carte menu.I am aware that meals have to be fresh cooked but a delay of 25 mins to get a starter is inexcusable.This followed a pattern throughout the meal .We overheard a couple complaining about slow service-the car park time had nearly expired! Another couple complained about the chips-I think not well cooked.It was my birthday so I did not want to spoil my wife's treat by complaining.Needless to say the final bill for 2 courses and a bottle of wine was very high. We will not return

• Visited September 2012

Herefordshire
“Seafood Platter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Had a lovely meal here - the place is now more restaurant than pub and calls itself "The Seafood Platter" which gives a clue to their speciality..! Wonderful food served promptly and efficiently by friendly staff. There is some meat on the menu for anyone who doesn't like fish - I had a chicken and chorizo salad starter (delicious) and my wife had belly pork for her main course (...also highly rated), but the fish (mainly local) is the star...!

• Visited October 2012
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Musselling Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stopped in Beer and tried the Seafood Platter restaurant, we really fancied mussels served with crusty bread and the billboard outside said they were on the menu. Regardless of all the other comments good or indifferent I can only speak as we found. We ordered two main portions of mussels and the quality was excellent, fat juicy plump and all mainly large, no small shells as you so often get abroad, and all served in a lovely cream sauce. If I had to gripe it would be that the portions could be slightly larger for what you pay and more bread would have been nice, although what we got was homemade and warm and if I had requested more I am sure I would have got it. Very accommodating cheerful owner and chatty atmosphere. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2012
London
“This place is now called Seafood Platter”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

We had a great meal there and service was fantastic. This place is now called Seafood Platter. If you are in Beer and crave for Seafood on a moderate budget look no further.

Visited September 2012
bristol
“enjoyable meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

its now called seafood platter,no longer a pub with good food now a restaurant i thought decor ok still more pub in appearence than cosy restaurant
service was good. we had potted crab with lovely fresh bread rolls & mussels & frites
mussels were good but frites disappointing nice & crispy soft inside but taste off ? fat old/rancid
otherwise we enjoyed our meal certainly return for crab with a nice glass of chilled white wine

• Visited September 2012