“What a fantastic cottage!”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Craig M
Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a fantastic cottage!”
Reviewed August 9, 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We stayed at Sunshine cottage for 4 nights. Wish we could have stayed longer! It was the perfect location for a vacation in Beer. It was perched up a hill with an easy walk to downtown and the beach. We parked our rental car in the downtown paid parking and it was not that far. It had a nice outdoor picnic table that we ate most of our meals at. You can walk to Seaton on a coastal foot path that is highly recommended. Thank you Carol!

Aug 11, 2018
Hi Craig
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Sunshine Cottage.
Best wishes Carol
Reviewed June 12, 2018 for a stay in June 2018

Jun 29, 2018
Hi Holly
Thank you for you for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Sunshine Cottage. It is the first time that anyone has mentioned that there should be a handrails for the stairs. We will consider this. As far as the garden is concerned we have left the garden like that as we like the natural flowers that have grown up. Kind regards Carol
jomidd39
stafford
“Beautiful escape”
Reviewed January 5, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Lovely cottage , well maintained, everything you could wish for and need , highly recommend
Can’t wait to go back

Jun 29, 2018
Hi
Sorry I didn't answer the review earlier.
Thank you so much for the review.
Raymond K...
“Lovely cottage!”
Reviewed January 2, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We were delighted with this cottage, very well equipped and clean throughout. Living room/diner is bigger than it looks in the photos and the bedrooms are a decent size too. There's also a large brick shed/store with ample room for bikes or kayaks etc if you have them. Very warm and cosy even in December!

Your age range 50-64
Jan 5, 2017
Thank so much for the review and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Sunshine Cottage over the New Year.
Carol and Reg Shanahan
Texturisi...
“Lovely Cottage”
Reviewed September 11, 2016 for a stay in September 2016

This lovely Cottage was really delightful. It was equipped with everything you could ever need, really there was nothing it hadn't got that I wanted. Very clean.
Very nice bedrooms. Sitting on Bench outside cottage and the little Garden was great. Only blip for me was TV a bit too small. Owner very helpful & accomadating.
So glad I ignored previous bad review, as I was thrilled with this little cottage. Very clean & NO Dog hairs!

Value Rooms
Cleanliness Service
Sep 13, 2016
Thank you Marilyn for your review.
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Sunshine Cottage and hope that you come to stay again.
Replacing the TV for a larger screen is on the agenda.
Kind Regards
Carol
littlemis...
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Would'nt stay again..”
Reviewed June 28, 2016 for a stay in June 2016
people found this review helpful

Our trip didn't begin very well as we had not been given directions to the cottage neither had the owner explained just how difficult access was. I was travelling alone with 2 children and a baby, we were unable to park any where near the cottage and unloading was extremely difficult. parking was £15 for 3 nights at the local car park. We were then very disappointed with the standard of accommodation itself, the furniture, particularly the sofas are very old, tired and grubby. The beds were not made up and pubic hairs were found on the mattresses. The crockery and cutlery needed to be cleaned before we could use it, and every conceivable surface was covered in black pet hair. I did ask the owner for a refund for the last 2 nights of our 3 night stay so we could find alternative accommodation. The owner responded by saying she would re-send the cleaner, however this didn't happen. Beer is a beautiful location and the cottage is in a very peaceful spot, however it really needs updating and prospective holiday makers need to be made fully aware of the difficulties involved with access.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Jun 29, 2016
I find the comments utterly staggering. Our cleaner had cleaned the cottage on Tuesday morning and we had inspected the cottage in Tuesday afternoon ready for our regular guests to arrive on Saturday.
I received an enquiry from Kerry on Tuesday and she booked late on Tuesday. I was able to text her details of where to collect the key and the full address of the property. I emailed her further details on the Wednesday. I believe Kerry arrived about 6pm on Wednesday but I did not know that Kerry was unhappy until the afternoon of Thursday.
I did ring our cleaner but she was unable to return. However she was equally staggered with the comments. The sofas are not old, tired and grubby. I had checked the cutlery myself and they were not dirty. The beds were not made up as linen was not supplied and I had explained that to Kerry. I had also checked the mattress covers as I have spare covers always available. I definitely dispute the black hairs everywhere.
I am sorry that the cottage did not meet your expectations. The majority of our guests visit every year and are extremely happy. I have never received one negative comment.
nancy2003...
Bristol, United Kingdom
“fantastic cottage”
Reviewed June 1, 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Excellent facilities here- very well equipped. Clean, tidy and comfortable. Would definitely return. Access could be a problem for anyone with limited mobility as its up a steep hill, but in the heart of everything

Traveling group: Extended Family
Jun 2, 2016
Thank you very much for the excellent view.

I hope you visit again
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing