“Enjoyable Lunch”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We ate lunch here and thought the mussels and salads we ordered were very well prepared and delicious. The restaurant is not pretentious and has a pub atmosphere. Good evening menu for those staying in Beer. Will be back.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We visited Beer in low season and were very pleased to find a restaurant open that didn't just do scampi and chips. The restaurant had a pleasant, low key atmosphere, the staff were welcoming and attentive, and the food freshly made as well as locally sourced. The scallops were perfectly cooked and beautifully presented, the sea bass and whiting came with a pile of steamed fresh vegetables, and the lemon possets were nicely finished with a tangy home made lemon curd. The portion sizes would be a surprise for people used to Harvester-style pile-your-plate-high pub meals, but we left feeling pleasantly full and happy we'd paid a bit extra to have a decent meal on our last night away.

1  Thank SamJLH
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I immediately liked the look of this restaurant so went in early evening whilst I was in Beer. I had the mussels and chips and a few glasses of nice chilled white wine. I felt very comfortable there so stayed for dessert and ordered the seasonal crumble. I was hoping it would be blackberry as the hedges were dripping with them but it was apple, which I thought was a bit pedestrian. It was good although could have used a slightly more generous dollop of clotted cream. The staff were nice and helped me catch the last bus back to Seaton. Would recommend.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Pretentious.
Lets just tell it like it is. He ordered seared scallops, they came. Three of them dressed with a piece of samphire each. No salad garnish, no bread and butter. I had potted crab: Oh said the waiter, your bread! and on came ONE warmed bread bun. Again no frills, no salad.
Main course.He ordered crab and chilli spaghetti. I went for sea food pie. The pie was topped with nicely flavoured crushed potatoes topped with cheese. Unfortunately, just out of the microwave, so I burnt my mouth. That was as good as it got. The seafood below was well over cooked and tasteless, the sauce was too thin and with very little flavour. Hubby and I swapped as usual. The sauce on his spaghetti was singularly tasteless, and the pieces of crab lacked any flavour
The cost including two sparkling waters was £47.10. We didnt leave a tip
Note we could have had seafood platter for two at a cost of £64.............
Poorest meal weve had recently.

1  Thank Meg107
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great restaraunt in the middle of Beer. I would recommend you book a table rather than just turn up. We visited on a Saturday evening and many people were truned away as they had not booked.
The menu is varied and the food we had was delicious.
The service was great; very welcoming and on hand to assist but not at all over-bearing.
They don't allow children under 5.