“Yummy”

Ranked #10 of 15 Restaurants in Beer
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Warm greeting, food cooked freshly on the premises using locally sources items. Good range of dishes that suited all tastes. The desserts are huge!

2  Thank Annjam03

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Came here for an early dinner. I asked for menu and told to grab one from reception. Then waitress came over and asked if we had finished with them and walked off. Then we had to go back to reception to order a meal, told to find a table first, so off we went again and then back to reception to order. Then we were told to pay or have our card swiped first. We were "not allowed" to eat in restaurant as it was fully booked! Nice start.

Meal average, waitress brought meals over without using a cloth and plonked them down in front of us. It was like being in a greasy spoon cafe. We left an hour later and guess what the booked out restaurant was completely empty.

The toilets were dirty and carpets around restaurant area had not been properly vacuumed. Needs a complete overhaul.

Will not go back

3  Thank Hellhavenofury
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nice village pub with good atmosphere and friendly staff. I would recommend ignoring the previous review for a non local like me, it gives me a reason to stop at Beer the next time I travel to Exeter.

1  Thank sjb89
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Loved sitting in the pub or outside overlooking the cliff. Loved the sign warning of seagulls snatching your food! Food was good, service was great and the place was friendly. we visited often on our week in Beer!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My first and only comment about the Anchor.There are new managers that have taken over the anchor and the place is a shadow of what it used to be already,greene king what the hell is going on.I have lived in beer all my life and seen the anchor change a few times.The pevious managers got there in the end with the locals and run the pub amazingly, the pub was always busy even in the winter.Times change i guess as the anchor is really going to pot..half the village are saying it,maybe someone should tell the new manager and his assistant who can only be described as a complete wet flannel.The food has gone down hill massively,the portion size has dropped hugely,the real ale quality has really dropped and the lager isnt up to scratch atall with the fisherman in the village..the old managers have gone and a few key members of staff have left aswell which im affraid really is starting to show badly.A word of advice comming from a small mouth speaking for the village of beer.This village has a huge reputation and in the summer creates alot of business,please do not bring the reputation down as our last summer was tough enough..new managers have a lot to live up to from previous ones and you really are letting the village down.My rant is over and i hope you do improve as one of my favourite pubs now feels like a sinking ship,and it really isnt nice to see.Good luck.

3  Thank Ssalter01

Been to The Anchor Inn? Share your experiences!