“Highly recommended”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Horningsham
Mill Farm Horningsham
Ranked #1 of 3 Horningsham B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at mill farm the weekend before last - my wife, 2 year old son, and I stayed in the blue room, and my mum and niece stayed in the yellow room. Both rooms were great, better than we could have ever hoped, really comfortable and just what we needed after a long day at Longleat (which coincidently was only a 5 minute drive away). We all had a really nice time, our hosts were all lovely, the surroundings were beautiful, and the breakfast was great. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed at the farm in July it was great. It was great to relax after a long day at Longleat and Margaret and her family were very welcoming our daughter loved all the animals on the farm .Hope to go back one day.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We stopped in the Piggeries, which is a converted farm building, close to the main farm and B&B, lots of room and ideal for children. There were 5 adults and two children in our party and there was more than enough room. There are plenty of animals to keep the children happy and Warminster is only 4 miles away with lots of shops, takewaways etc. The farm owners are very friendly and provide lots of useful information.
Longleat safari park is only a few miles down the road and you can fill two days easily, then return to a tranquil oasis.
I will certainly return to the Piggeries

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We are just back from a two night stay at Mill Farm and we have had a wonderful stay. Margaret and her family are so accommodating and kind and the attention to detail is excellent. We stayed in the blue room which is a spacious family room, with plenty of room for us, our four year old daughter and our 6 month old son in his travel cot. The accommodation is situated in an annex building which as a parent with small children is great as you aren't constantly worried about noise. The room and ensuite was spotlessly clean and the furniture, fixtures and fittings in excellent order. On arrival, we were greeted with tea and filter coffee and a plateful of delicious and various biscuits. There was also a tea tray in the room with plenty of tea/coffee/biscuits which was restocked everyday along with a jug of fresh milk in the fridge. There was lots of really nice touches such as a tiger mug for my daughter and animal biscuits which went down a treat. Also in the room along with the fridge was a microwave which was invaluable as I use a steam steriliser for my sons bottles. Margaret cleaned and tidied the room daily which was a welcome sight after a long day out with the children. The breakfast is nothing short of magnificent. Along with a choice of fruits, cereal, yogurts, juice etc, you also get a cooked breakfast of your choice with toast and preserves. The breakfast table was laid to accommodate the children with a highchair and cutlery for the children.

We have had such a lovely stay and Margaret made us so welcome, something that as a family with small children isn't always the case!

As well as the fab B&B, the surroundings of Mill Farm are stunning with rolling fields and farm animals in abundance.

I can't recommend it enough - we will be back!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We have just returned from a trip to Longleat as a birthday treat for my mum.What a wonderful place to stay from the moment we arrived .The son of the family gave us a lovely welcome and showed us around our perfect place to relax after a busy day out.The rooms pink and blue were perfect with everything you could want.we usually stay in large hotels and are not fans of b and b's but this is a one off with a breakfast that even my husband was happy with ,a great english breakfast fan ! The kids were very welcome and loved the donkeys and charlie the sweet dog.The thing that really made it great were steve and margaret who knew just how to treat everyone and show a great balance of warmth professionalism and character ,it really made a lovely birthday getaway for the whole family,thank you.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed for one night.Helpful son showed us to our room and explained how everything worked. Clean, pleasant room. Excellent breakfast - great choice, lovely fresh fruit.
Great location. One observation: could smokers be asked to use somewhere other than entrance? A bit off-putting.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have recently taken a short break at The Piggeries, with my 2 carers. I am a quadriplegic C4/5, 17 stone man in a large electric wheelchair. On arrival we met Steve and Margaret the owners, they were very welcoming, they showed us to our accommodation and the word that came to mind from both myself and my carers was 'WOW'! we was not expecting this as it looked even better than the pictures from their website. If i was designing a bungalow for my disability i could not design it any better and i used to be a builder. The only thing that i would of added for my disability would of been a ceiling hoist (tracking) and a profiling bed, due to making it easier for myself and my carers. However i know i can hire a profiling bed and a mobile hoist, which i will do this on my next visit. During our stay we visited Longleat Safari park and Bowood House also a few trips to the local pub, which were wheelchair friendly, with disabled toilet. We really enjoyed our stay this farm is in a beautiful location, Margaret, Steve and their son Jack could not do enough for us, nothing was too much trouble. Genuine, lovely people. We certainly will be returning again. *****

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank paullamb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Horningsham
Bishopstrow House
#1 of 3 in Maiden Bradley
Home Farm Boreham
Home Farm Boreham
#1 of 24 in Warminster

Been to Mill Farm Horningsham? Share your experiences!