From the moment Frank met us at the railway station we knew we were going to enjoy ourselves. On the journey back to the Quinta, Frank was cheerful, chatty and informative. The Quinta itself is in a beautiful spot, overlooking the water, with gardens cascading down to the waters edge. Our room was lovely, with a wood burning fire (which was helpful to dry clothes after a very wet walk!), the bedrooms don't have all the extras of a 5* chain type hotel but we were there for the walking, birds, wildlife etc and not for a hair dryer! The meals with Frank, Danielle and family were great fun (you all eat as 'family') and delicious, with good Portugese wines.
The Quinta is remote, don't go if you like the roar of traffic, little containers of shampoo etc, do go if you enjoy beautiful surroundings, great company, good food and wine. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The essence of the Quinta is a small, intimate, holiday retreat for peace and relaxation. It boasts a blend of traditional hospitality, "International home-cooking" cuisine and a friendly atmosphere with excellent, friendly service.Set in a beautiful lakeside location, the Quinta is surrounded by unspoiled countryside with a wide variety of wildlife and rare birds in its gardens and surrounding countryside. In short it's Paradise in Portugal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Paradise In Portugal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Do Barranco Da Estrada Hotel Santa Clara a Velha
- Paradise In Portugal Santa Clara a Velha, Alentejo