This is a really remote getaway - don't try finding it for the first time in the dark! The unpaved track into the Quinta seems endless but provides fantastic views. The atmosphere created by Frank, Daniella and family is very warm and welcoming & we appreciated the roaring fire as the weather was a little disappointing. We had a fantastic day birdwatching, which gave us great views of the locality aswell as exciting bird viewing and all kinds of interesting information on the countryside from Frank. My only comment is that it would be nice if there were a few local restaurants - the nearest ones are almost an hours drive away! but we had a couple of lovely meals at the Quinta with interesting Portuguese wines. It is just over an hour to the Algarve or to the West Coast, with fantastic beaches at both locations, It is the kind of place that a car is really essential but you can arrive by train if prepared to do little but eat, sleep and walk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The essence of the Quinta is a small, intimate, holiday retreat for peace and relaxation. It boasts a blend of traditional hospitality, "International home-cooking" cuisine and a friendly atmosphere with excellent, friendly service.Set in a beautiful lakeside location, the Quinta is surrounded by unspoiled countryside with a wide variety of wildlife and rare birds in its gardens and surrounding countryside. In short it's Paradise in Portugal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Paradise In Portugal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Do Barranco Da Estrada Hotel Santa Clara a Velha
- Paradise In Portugal Santa Clara a Velha, Alentejo