This hotel (if you can call it that, more of a home really) is the perfect place for the kind of family that likes the rural wilderness. The lake is wonderful for swimming: warm and perfectly clear. In fact there were times when I had a little drink as I was swimming along. There are charming pets: our children fell in love with the dogs. The sailing boat, canoes and pedal boats provided the ideal means to explore the vast lake. The warmth of the hosts Frank and Daniela was second to none and we felt almost like part of their family by the time we had been there a day or two. Because other guests seemed to feel that way too, you felt you knew them as well. Don't plan to stay here if you want polished luxury or to be treated like royalty by servile hotel staff; this place is unpretentious, beautiful and remote. But the warmth of the welcome makes you feel at home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The essence of the Quinta is a small, intimate, holiday retreat for peace and relaxation. It boasts a blend of traditional hospitality, "International home-cooking" cuisine and a friendly atmosphere with excellent, friendly service.Set in a beautiful lakeside location, the Quinta is surrounded by unspoiled countryside with a wide variety of wildlife and rare birds in its gardens and surrounding countryside. In short it's Paradise in Portugal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Paradise In Portugal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quinta Do Barranco Da Estrada Hotel Santa Clara a Velha
- Paradise In Portugal Santa Clara a Velha, Alentejo