This hotel suited me very much. 1) Child free. For someone who is a mature adult or lovebirds who do not want to be bothered by children running round the pool or screaming for icecream, it is perfect. 2) Very clean - everywhere - including pool toilets 3) excellent wifi all over the hotel - a must even when you are on holiday - or at least for me - and free 4) very good service - we were made to feel welcome by all without having to become best buddies with all the staff 5) compact - it is not a massive establishment where you have to walk miles to get anywhere. The pool area is really close to the beach, which isn't massive so you have a choice without having to move everything when you decide to go to the sea after the pool or vice versa. 6) Very relaxed atmosphere without being "too" relaxed! Overall I was very impressed by it. It didn't feel understaffed either. We had an issue with the room - we had ordered a junior suite, but had not realized that the bed and TV were upstairs and the toilet and sitting area were downstairs. For me it was a problem as I have a bit of a mobility issue. This was efficiently solved, despite it being super high season during the week we were there and I was very satisfied. The pool bar seemd to be open nearly nonstop, which was very good, as in many places we go, the pool bar seems to open after breakfast which is ok if you aren't an early riser but if you are, it is a bit of an irritation. There were some small things that I think could have been improved upon, like the layout of the breakfast and the quality of the tea and coffee, but it was 95% excellent. The guy responsible for the beach and pool area was really outstanding. He was cleaning up all the time and there was no litter anywhere, the beds were straightened out as soon as they were vacated and he was really quick and worked nonstop. Definitely a place I would revisit if I went back to this area of Crete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thalassa Beach Resort lies in front of one of the most beautiful beaches of Chania,on the island of Crete,with breathtaking view of the sea and Thodorou island. It is an adults-only hotel, specializing in offering romantic services to couples! Luxury, sophisticated design and atmospheric combinations are features which dominate in this hotel.Visit in Thalassa Beach Resort:Thalassa Spa: with indoor swimming pool, sauna, Jacuzzi and special packages for couples. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thalassa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalassa Beach Hotel Agia Marina
- Thalassa Beach Resort Agia Marina, Chania, Crete