“Feels like the care about the area”

Oscar Suites & Village
Ranked #3 of 31 Hotels in Agia Marina
Kiruna, Sweden
“Feels like the care about the area”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

We (two adults) stayed here for four nights at the and of our the weeks journey around Crete.

We got an apartment for four persons in an newly built buildning. It was very nice and clean. The beds were a bit softer than Greek beds usually our.

The surroundings was well planed with lots of planted trees and flowers. It feels like they really made an effort to make the enviroment nice.

The pool was lit in different coloured lights at night.

I would go back again and could recommend this hotel to most people.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Chania_Endaxi
Dimitris K, General Manager at Oscar Suites & Village, responded to this review, March 17, 2015
Thank you so much for your review. Your kind words are truly appreciated.
Like you mentioned, we do our best to take care of our hotel - on both the inside as well as on the outside. We are blessed with a climate that allows us to grow exotic plants. You might have noticed our love for homegrown fruits with our gardens of everything from banana and pomegranate trees to citrus fruit?
It also makes us very pleased to hear about your satisfaction regarding our bed. We put a great deal of effort in finding an ergonomic mattress that suits most guests, ending up with equipping all rooms with Cocomat- mattresses, pillows and duvets.
With this, we thank you again for your time to write us the review, and we welcome you again in the future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our eight day stay was a real pleasure. Our room was spacious and clean with a well-supplied kitchen, a newly renovated bathroom and a balcony overlooking the pool, and the ocean in the horizon.

The landscaped courtyard included an herb garden with beautiful oregano, thyme and basil- a perfect addition to my nightly salad with local feta and local olive oil.

My daughter & I received consistently top-notch service in the reception and the restaurant, and when we went home Dimitri kindly gave us a bottle of Oscar's delicious signature olive oil.

The restaurant was fresh and very reasonably priced, the pools always clean and the atmosphere welcoming and friendly. I look forward to returning to Oscar Suites & Village, next time I will bring my husband and our new baby!

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank kelquefois
Dimitris K, General Manager at Oscar Suites & Village, responded to this review, May 25, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a pleasant review. We truly appreciate your kind words and it makes us very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at Oscar Suites & Village with your daughter. We hope to see you again soon, next time with your whole family.
All the best, and wishes for beautful summer :)
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Having read several negative reviews my wife and I visited the hotel with more than a little trepidation. We were not exactly reassured when we were escorted to a small charmless room. However, the staff quickly and cheerily agreed to a room change and from that point on we loved our stay at the hotel. The hotel is situated less than a minutes walk to the beach. There are numerous restaurants nearby in aga marina and platanias (can highly recommend the chinese in platanias). This is a tourist resort and is extremely popular with scandanavian and nordic countries (I really enjoyed this element as I detest "English" resorts). Back to the hotel, swimming pools excellent, pool bars good. The only criticism I would have is that the breakfast goes cold very quickly. In truth, we were not expecting a great deal from this hotel but what we found was a little treasure. We will hopefully return.

• Stayed September 2013
4 Thank Marsim12
Thank you for your review! It has been a while, and we are happy to tell you that there are many surprises waiting for our guests at Oscar Suites & Village. Lots of things have changed as we constantly strive to improve, doing everything we can to satisfy our guests. And since you mention the breakfast buffet, we hope to accomodate you again to give you a pleasant start on your day with our delicous breakfast options :))
Take care, and have a beautiful summer!!
Hafnarfjordur, Iceland
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed at Oscar Suites and Villiage for 10 days from 2 -12 sept 2013 the best hotel in Chania it was very clean and the room and everything around the hotel was cleaned every morning staff was vry friendly and helpfull Restaurant was excellent I surely will try to come there again

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 1951lara
Dimitris K, General Manager at Oscar Suites & Village, responded to this review, June 27, 2015
Dear from the north!
We hope that summer is treating you well, and we hope to see you soon.
Thank you so much for your review and for your kind words.
Next visit to our little resort is full of surprises as we cannot wait to show you around when you return!
with love from everyone at Oscar Suites & Village
Reviewed August 29, 2013

After reading several negative comments regarding over booking of rooms we e-mailed the hotel a few days before we travelled for reassurance but we did not receive a response, but on arrival we had no problems and were taken to our 1bedroom apartment (121) which was perfect for our needs (2adults+2children). We were right next to the pool, close to the bar and had a sea view!
During our 2 week stay we were very impressed with the high standards of cleanliness both in our room and in communal areas, the cleaners work very hard here! Our room was cleaned every day except Sunday, towels changed daily and sheets every 3 days.
We were concerned that travelling in August and reading previous reviews that it would be very crowded at the pools, but this was not the case. On several occasions we had either of the pools to ourselves and at its busiest it was never crowded.
We attended the Greek theme night which was put on by the hotel, buffet food was really good with a good selection of traditional foods on offer, and the dancing was great.
We stayed on a bed and breakfast basis which I would recommend, breakfast was served from 8-10am and there was a good variety of cooked and continental choices.
The only reason this hotel does not get 5 stars from us is due to the level of service provided. We had to wait a long time to even get given a menu for drinks at the bar, and then the order took even longer. For this reason we did not eat in the restaurant Valentino, although the food did look nice. Although service was very slow, most of the staff were very friendly.
Oscar is situated in a great location on the edge of agia marina, with access to the beach just over the road.
We were expecting free wifi but this is not the case, 3€ for 1hour and then the signal was not strong enough to use in our room. Air con was expensive!
Overall we had a lovely holiday here and can't fault the accommodation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jessica D
Dimitris K, General Manager at Oscar Suites & Village, responded to this review, May 1, 2016
We appreciate your review as we take your opinions seriously in order to improve.
Lots of things have changed since you were here, and we can gladly inform you of many pleasant surprises from several corners of the hotel.
The restaurant has gotten a makeover and is proud to hold one of the highest standards in the area with great reviews. We have also made major changes regarding our breakfast, and are looking forward for you to see the results.
Wi-Fi and Aircondition is free of charge for you to use as much as you want.
I could go on forever, but I would be more than happy to show you around to see it with your own eyes during your next visit.
Thank you again for your kind words, and please do not hesitate to contact me by email or telephone if you have any more questions.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I visited Chania in August 2012 and stayed at Oscar Suites & Village back then. Please refer to my 2012 review through my profile.
This time around in 2013, I decided to come back to Chania for the summer and looked around for hotels. Naturally, I checked out Oscar's website that was redone and highlighted massive refurbishment that had taken place over the past winter. I thought to myself that it wouldn't be a bad idea to go back to Oscar -- a hotel that was amazing for the value of money and quality of service in 2012.
I made the booking through by emailing Oscar through their website. The email was addressed and reverted within 24 hours.
Happy and dandy, I arrived at the hotel on 7 August 2013 (apparently the peak of busy season). I was greeted by faces familiar from last year -- an older man called Adonis and the general manager called Dimitris from Katakis family. They were very warm and pleasant. I was guided to my room. It was a very nice en-suite double bedroom with self contained kitchen.
While at the entrance and then navigating our way to the room, I couldn't help but notice the face lift the hotel had, and the new restaurant (Valentino Pasta & Grill) on premises.
The room was extremely clean with new furniture and appliances. Room service was prompt with my requests turned around in reasonable time (please note that it is not a 5* hotel).
Although not big on eating in hotels I stay in, I was requested to try cuisines from the new restaurant by the GM (D Katakis), and so I did. To my surprise, the culinary experience was wonderful. Over the period of my stay (7 August until 18 August) I had at least one of my meals at Valentino Pasta & Grill and enjoyed it thoroughly. Chicken Estragon and Philadelphia are my top recommendations. Your taste buds would be enticed with every bite.
To keep their guests engaged, the hotel management organised theme nights. I was present at two of them: a) Greek night and b) Latin night.
There were frolics and the atmosphere was festive on both the evenings. We had meals and our drinks, and were offered complimentary traditional drinks as well. The dance troupe got all the guests involved after their own mesmeric performance. Overall, the two evenings were very well spent at the hotel (and its restaurant) after a long day of swim at local beach.
From a location perspective, the hotel is ideally located at the cusp of Agia Marina and Platanias. Beaches and bars are a walking distance. There is mini golf adjacent which is a good for a light day / evening.
The hotel staff were very warm and courteous., Perhaps they recognised me from 2012. Their smiles and service are worth mentioning.
In terms of connectivity (yes, we can not stay away from work even on holidays), there is a strong and stable wifi connection available in all public areas of the hotel. I got a EUR 35 weekly unlimited WiFi voucher which worked perfectly fine for my light holiday work and reading.
Overall, I was astonished as to how the management at Oscar topped their service offerings from 2012 to 2013. I am more then impressed. I have decided that Oscar is my summer residence whenever I visit Crete :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank alive_silkjive
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us such a lovely review of your stay here at Oscar Suites & Village - this truly means the world to us!
I am very proud to announce that we have many, many surprises waiting for you this year with more improvements than I am able to count.
Limitless Wi-Fi and Aircondition is also free from charge.
We will be waiting, and we hope to see you again this summer.
All the best from all of us here at Oscar Suites & Village
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The hotel is located in the heart of the entertainment capital between Agia Marina and Platanias where the main beaches, bars and clubs are. The rooms and common areas are super clean. There are two good sized swimming pools where you can relax at any point of the day or the night! To complement this in the hotel operates Valentino restaurant which offers amazing cuisine. We dined there most of the nights and really loved it! Furthermore the hotel was run by professionals with years of experience in the area of tourism and this was evident by the excellent services provided throughout our stay. Staff was friendly and helpful throughout our stay! I am staying there again next summer!

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely comments and kind words regarding your stay at Oscar Suites & Village in 2013. We are beyond excitement to show you around this year as there have been many improvements since your last visit.
We would like to wish you a very warm welcome back to Oscar Suites & Village this summer.
All the best with wishes of an amazing summer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agia Marina
#13 of 31 in Agia Marina
Samaria Hotel
Samaria Hotel
#5 of 109 in Chania Town

Been to Oscar Suites & Village? Share your experiences!