“a weird type of traveller in the right place :)”
Review of Iolida Beach Hotel

Iolida Beach Hotel
Ranked #14 of 31 Hotels in Agia Marina
Reviewed December 29, 2012

being a young solo female traveller ,i came to this hotel ,and i didn't find any difficulty to ask or demand for anything.
for me it was 5 stars in everything.
i was too demanding and they were all helpfull & I didn't feel strange in the place.
I still remember the aroma of the breakfast as it was delicious.
it's a good spot 2 go if you are heading to chania :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Amira A

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Arrived in good time with nice weather. The hotel was not what expected the general view off the hotel from the outside was nice. Food and breakfast was good. The trip its self was ok. At the end off the trip the bus was late we had to wait a long time because off the airport problems. Most off us got stomach sick during the journey because off the food. For a five star hotel I dont think so you have to pay for internet and other services.

Room Tip: There are two hotels in that area make sure to pick the other one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Edgar A
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We got a new room, very big and nice, with sea view. (we pay less than 50€ for the room because we found an offer).
As we stayed on October (low season) pool was not cleaned every day and one of the pool bars was close.
Breakfast is average.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Mujerjoven
Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is located in Aghia Marina at a beautiful stretch of beach which can be overseen from the restaurant. I stayed there by myself first half of October to attend a conference nearby. I was lucky with the weather, between 29-35 degrees celsius throughout. I summarise positives and negatives in brief:

+ my room was nice, large and clean (bathroom clean and good quality, bed comfy)
+ room was cleaned everyday
+ reception very friendly and helpful (fluent in German and English)
+ frequent, cheap bus connections to Chania and the other direction from the bus stop nearby
+ taxi rank nearby the hotel (no need to pre-order as it will cost extra)
+ supermarket 1min form the hotel reception, which is great if you're self-catering, or just need to get some bottles of water etc
+ the pools, which I didn't use looked clean and well maintained

+/ breakfast was fine as I'm not a fussy eater, but here I would rate the hotel 3* in comparison to stays at other 4*/5* hotels in Europe - the beautiful view on the sea/beach made up for it to some extent

- I had one dinner at the restaurant, there was no problem with the food, but it was rather average and far from 5* dining

Overall, taking into account what I paid for the stay it was excellent value for money (end of season), there are plenty of nice tavernas and restaurants to have nice lunch / dinner in Aghia Marina and Platanias, so I was happy to have booked bed&breakfast....

Room Tip: My room was on the 2nd floor (not in the same building as reception), facing the pool and was excell...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank amcbeaver
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

We had a sea view room that was very nice, huge balcony with a great view although not directly on the beach.
This hotel is deemed 5* but the restaurant is nothing of the sort. For us as a young couple we felt it was tacky e.g pool table, bubble gum machines next to eating area. Perhaps better for families.

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank Smf298
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have just returned after a five day holiday in IOLIDA BEACH hotel.I check early and drive through my apartment with pool which was at building number one just across the reception.The apartment was lovely with a sitting area including a small kitchenette,a very small flat tv,a refrigerator a big bathroom and the bedroom.We have a large terrace with four sunbeds in front of our personal pool.Very clean in a good condition and size.Our apartment was in front of the main pool of our building with side sea view.Free wifi all days without problems.The hotel staff is well prepared,willing to help kind and polite.The buffet breakfast and dinner were excellant with a variety of choises.Rooms are cleaned daily.Hotel is right on beach but be careful the sea in front is rocky.The bus station is at front of the hotel but I never use it so I do not know the routes.I rent a car as I always do from Europcar choosing ''rent a car 365'' site.Cheap and in a good condition.I believe the hotel it's for families as I saw a lot.You must visit the old harbour of chania(there are a lot of places to park your car with only 50 cents per half of hour).Also you must visit Elafonisi south of crete from the site of Libyan sea and stay there for swimming.The monastere of Arcadi at Rethymno is must.If you need to eat real cretan cuisine try the restaurant ''Milos tou Kerata'' at platanias village it's about one km from the hotel.

Room Tip: The apartment of pool is must but there are only two.The most rooms have sea view.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jdjdimos
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

best hotel in creta !
from cordiality of the staff to the services
the pool the restaurant
ALL GOOD!!
im so sorry to stay here just for a short period but i truly hope to come back as soon as possible!
will strong recomend it to all the people who wants to spend a time in chania

• Stayed: September 2012
Folia Apartments
Folia Apartments
#1 of 31 in Agia Marina
Panorama Hotel - Chania

Been to Iolida Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!