“Still thinking about it”
Review of Nostos Restaurant

Nostos Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 99 Restaurants in Agia Marina
Cuisines: Greek, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Greek modern cuisine, local ingredients, meat-bbq point
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Coming out of the Hotel Thalassa,we stumbled across Nostos. The first thing that struck me was the welcoming atmosphere .Then it got even better when the food arrived.I had the moussaka and my partner had seafood,they couldn t have been better.All the ingredients were natural and fresh and the dishes tasty and healthy. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

the owner is trying to perfect the original dishes of Greece in a new way, working with science and chemistry (which is his back ground). His new beers are also causing a stir and flying off the shelves. The welcome is always warm and they genuinely want to please you and give you a good meal and a good time while you are in the Restaurant. It is a family run business. We as a couple like the traditional Greek meals and all the meals we had over a course of 14 days were very good. Try his Kleftiko or his version of Mousaka. In general I would urge you to try anything on his menu, he does tend to cater for the Scandinavian's as these are the majority of his customers. I know next year he has great things planned for the season. We will be back again to eat his food. Barb & Terry England

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I have to say that I am really confused about this restaurant.

I visited this place together with 12 of my guide colleagues, and maybe it was because we were so many (not that it should ever be a problem!), but something went wrong in the kitchen. First of all we had to wait 35 minutes before the first persons got their starters. The once who didn't order starters asked to get the main courses when the others got their starters - that might have cost the confussion. But we had to wait 50 minutes before the first person got the main course. After 75 minutes the last person got her main course!
And no there was not at all a lot of people in the restaurant.

Well when this is said, I have to say that the selection of beers are very very good! And they have a lot of interesting courses - so DON'T order something "safe" and something you know what is. Try something different. something interesting, that is exactly what this restaurant does best!

Reviewed September 16, 2013

We went twice to this place and each time the welcome, food and drinks we're very good. They have a few different beers brewed for the restaurant that are lovely and a nice change to the lager served everywhere. The owner/ chef is a food scientist so knows how to combine flavours and present the plate in an appetising way. Don't be put off by the Danish feel, this is just a small part of a greek menu and all nations will love it. 5*

Reviewed September 14, 2013

The starters like the smoked baby tuna was smoked right in front of us, which was a nice to witness and just enjoy with the mushrooms caputsino. the main dish the fresh pasta was to die for, and the many greek specialities like the mousaka, kleftiko lamb, and the deserts such as the apple pie was delicious.