“AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nostos Restaurant

Nostos Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 88 Restaurants in Agia Marina
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Greek modern cuisine, local ingredients, meat-bbq point
Norwalk, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

My fiance and I were just passing by and decided to pop in for a quick snack and ended up having the most AMAZING experience. Not only was the food absolutely incredible (the drinks were yummy too) but the staff was delightful and the view was to die for! Definitely try the calamari - the best ever!!! I would recommend Nostos to absolutely everyone I know.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank christinaoh

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Florence, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We eat pretty well, but in the end in Crete, where you do not eat well? Here, however, I must say that I was not completely satisfied for two reasons: the first is that the food we got was overcooked and then cured, the second is that the waiter was really cold. I can not say it was bad, but I went back to Agia Marina I would try another.

Oslo, Norway
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nostos has a combination of traditional and new menus. Trying it out is a must if you visit Agia Marina, with a light bite menu as well as main dishes, giving you the opportunity for a meze type dinner if you prefer. Excellent house wine with the opportunity to select more expensive bottled wines depending on your taste. All round good service making it a pleasant experience for anyone.

Bergen, Norway
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Good food and good service, nice playground. Been there more than once. We will come back for more. I recomend the Nostos chicken.

Oslo, Norway
“Wonderful restaurant, with excellent beer brewed on the premises!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This restaurant really deserves the 5 star rating I give it. It is a gem of a restaurant situated a few hundred meters from the more noisy and gaudy tourist traps along the main street of Agia Marina.

The restaurant has a pleasant and calm atmosphere, and it even has a playground for the kids. The service is friendly, with everyone receiving personal attention from a Danish (!) waiter. Just sitting down, one gets the feeling it will be a nice meal.

Our meal: Bread and butter/olive paste for starter (received by everyone by default), moussaka for the lady and a local variant of coq au vin with mash for me. Both were delicious, and presented in a nice way. From what I could see at the other tables, unlike the generic presentation one gets in most places, in this restaurant each dish was unique.

The owner of the restaurant also brews his own beers, served in the restaurant. (I would guess this is quite rare in Crete!) I sampled one called "Galia", a double fermented ale with noble hops and spiced with coriander. It was quite delicious, and as a beer lover, I am quite sure that other beer lovers will find this restaurant particularly pleasing.

As a nice touch, all guests received a small dessert (chocolate mousse) and raki with the bill.

As a total experience, this restaurant was unique to me: the friendliness, the atmosphere, the good food and microbrew all made a memorable experience. I will definitely come back!

(As a final note: TripAdvisor wants me to say whether this was "one of the best meals I have ever had in a restaurant." I have to say "no" to that, based on (expensive) dining experiences in other places in the world, but it should not matter. Nostos is an excellent place, well worth the visit.)

• Visited July 2013