“Perfect stay!”

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in Agia Marina
Hartfield, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay!”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely fantastic. Stayed here with my girlfriend last week and our stay couldn't have been better. The hotel is perfectly situated just off the main road therefore you can really relax but also get to the local tavernas within 5 minutes - the beach is also under 5 minutes away. Lovely swimming pool and their restaurant is well worth a visit too. If you stay I recommend you pay the extra €6 per morning for the breakfast! We'll be back to say hello in the future because the family that run the hotel were extremely friendly.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Forest Row, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

We stayed here for a week in September.i really loved our whole stay here and would recommend it to anyone who wants a beautiful relaxing place which is close to the sea and tavernas but nice and quiet as well.the food was great and all the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank BeccaHors
Charlottenlund, Denmark
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Perfect hotel for vocation!
Hotel is nice and clean.
Actually you do not have feelings that you are in the hotel,because of the building construction. I love it! And the owner make you feel welcome and comfortable!
Great location,close to the beach and restaurants, 2 min from the main road,so you will escape of the noise and pollution.
If you need to go to the city,its easy and fast.
For sure I will be back next time to Folia:-)!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Svetlana_2013_Folia
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I can't fault the accommodation. It was clean, well-run, the restaurant was good quality and not expensive. The pool was quiet. Most people seem to use the place as a base to explore the island. All of which suited me fine because, although I have young children, I've never liked loud places with kid's clubs. After all, the holiday is for me too!

However, my children are ages nine, six and two and therefore are not quiet. My two year old does what most two year olds do, he touches things he shouldn't, occasionally breaks things (an ashtray by the pool), he thinks gravel is a fantastic toy, he touches windows, he runs into areas where he's not supposed to be. After about a week at Folia I began to feel that we weren't welcome. My son was continually 'told off' by the owners, usually in Greek. He isn't a naughty child, he's just 2 years old. I think that if an establishment doesn't want young children it should say so upfront.

The pool was not suitable for a toddler and the whole place is built into a hill so it was hard work getting the buggy up to our accommodation.

Similar was true of several restaurants that we went to in the nearby area. A woman with 3 children and we were seated at an 'out of the way' table or corner that couldn't be seen by passing potential custom. It even happened in restaurants that had a 'play area' which might lead you to believe that they would embrace families.

I would happily have frequented the Folia restaurant more than we did but didn't because I felt we weren't welcome. And frankly I didn't feel inclined to spend any more money with them for that reason.

Thankfully, we found some child-friendly restaurants in the second week and were much more comfortable there. Tempo on the main road has good, cheap food, good house wine and a play area.

Almira, behind the supermarket and on the beach, is the jewel in the crown though. We saved it for the last night as it looked expensive and so wished we hadn't. It only opened this season. It has free sunbeds for customers so we'd been there during the day, purchased drinks and a snack lunch. Comfy sunbeds and a waitress service. They didn't mind that my kids spent most of their time playing with the water from the tap meant for washing your feet. In the evening, we were given a good table, food was excellent and not expensive. They welcomed children and it was the best night, watching the sun go down across the beach with good food, good wine and a really relaxed atmosphere.

Room Tip: Left side overlooking the driveway
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rosscap
Athens, Greece
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We’ve stayed at Folia hotel for 2 weeks… and enjoyed every minute of it. It is a family owned and managed hotel… thus you can understand that everything is as it is supposed to be… clean, friendly joyful staff, quiet, green, full of flowers… honestly, I’m trying to find things I did not like… but can’t.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank nikolaos1969
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Stop looking - you found the hotel!

Fantastic family owned hotel, service is superb, rooms are great, location is a bit away from the tourist Meeks which is also nice. The restaurant serves amazing lunch and dinner. I have stayed at many hotels, this experience is at my top 3.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Oliver R
Modiin, Israel
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I strongly recommend this hotel, not only becuase of the clean rooms, nice restaurant and good location. The kind service of the family make our experience in the hotel very special. The family and all others in the team make a lot of efforts to provide a pleasent residence. The food is very good and the service in the restaurant is perfect.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
#6 of 31 in Agia Marina
Porto Kalamaki Hotel Apartments
Porto Kalamaki Hotel Apartments
#18 of 109 in Chania Town

Been to Folia Apartments? Share your experiences!