Merabello Apartments
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Relax(Chania Town)
Folia Apartments(Agia Marina)
View Hotel
Santa Marina Plaza(Agia Marina)
View Hotel
Iolida Beach Hotel(Agia Marina)
Elotis Suites(Agia Marina)
  • Bar/Lounge
Bella Vista Village(Agia Marina)
Hotel Mimoza(Chania Town)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Ninemia(Agia Marina)
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main blockold villageminute walkbedroom apartmentpool barthe bussurrounding gardensthe gardens and pool areaowner kostastop floorair convery busy main roadapartment was greatolympic websitetwo weeksshower curtaingreat holiday
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013

These apartments are a brilliant base to discover Chania...which I hasten to add is one of the prettiest harbours I have ever been to. The restaurants and sights are all wonderful. The apts are clean and the pool area is spotless thanks to Kosta and the pool barman Lefteris. Lefty can't do enough for you. His breakfast and lunches are plentiful and delicious. My dad was with us and he has just booked to go back in June and we are hoping to return later in the year...and I can't wait! Definitely give it a go...you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank nrens
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Visited here with my partner and our combined total of 5 kids in the school summer holidays 2012. We had 2 apartments in the main block, overlooking the pool and gardens with views out to sea. The whole complex is well maintained and the bar is run by Lefteris who is a real character. Supermarket is less than 1 minute away, beach 5 mins max. Selection of restaurants and activities for all on the main beach road, or 10 mins away in the old village. We had been to the area before and would happily stay here again. Highly recommended

Room Tip: Main block is by the pool and has sea views
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Philip C
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Visited 18 September to 1 October and the weather was perfect. We were given a room in the villa which is about 100 yards from the main apartment block and is therefore very quiet. The gardens are beautiful and these plus the apartments and pool are very well maintained by Kosta (the owner). The pool bar is run by Lefteris who could not be friendlier. Kosta and Lefteris couldn't do enough to make our stay fantastic, after two weeks we felt like we were saying goodbye to family (a few words in Greek were greatly appreciated). Definitely hoping to return in 2013

John & Cathy

Room Tip: Rooms in the villa are away from the pool and are therefore quiet
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank John H
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Visited 9-23 October 2012 and after torrential weather the first afternoon/evening, we had much better weather than expected with temperatures in the high twenties for the first week, slightly lower in the second week with the obligatory thunderstorm the night before we were due to return home.

We stayed in room 3, a large room on the first floor with twin beds and a sofa. The rooms are all north facing to get the best views and as a result don't get the sun during the day, so they don't get unbearably hot without aircon. The room has a kettle, fridge, 2 rings, filter coffee machine, plenty of crockery/cutlery and there is an airer on the balcony for drying towels etc. Antonia, the cleaner, kept everywhere very clean, felt really bad when we left a bit of washing up in the sink and she did it for us! Kostas the owner was helpful and approachable, he carried my suitcase up to the room when we arrived, thank you.

The views from the room are absolutely lovely as the apartments are situated up a small hill, just above the cemetery. The hill is not too bad, even for an unfit, overweight, fifty something year old like me, but you can cut out the first bend by going up the steps next to Tempo and take a short cut through the cemetery. The bus stops are just at the bottom of the hill and directly across the road in front of the Alexandra beach hotel.

There are 2 supermarkets close to the apartments, one to the left and one to the right, but these closed down after a few days as it was the end of the season. There are further supermarkets just down the hill.

What makes these apartments special is Lefteris the barman - a real character with a big heart. He wants to make sure that you have a good holiday and he looks after Mr Lefteris, the apartment cat, making sure he is fed and looked after, although he wouldn't let him into the bar!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank judeyork
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Not a bad start, first night and at 4am we had a minor earthquake (so minor that my wife had to wake me so I didn't miss it- how kind) but I'll not blame anyone for that. This is the first time ever my wife and I have returned to somewhere we have stayed before. Last year we visited in late June and as soon as we got home we booked for 2 weeks at the end of September this year. The weather ws hotter than expected with high twenties or low thirties ever day. The apartments did not disapoint, they were still clean, spacious and well looked after, everything you could want for a really relaxing holiday. Kostas and Lefteres were still there and as helfpful and friendly as we remembered them. there are 10 roooms in the main block and 5 in the villa which is a couple of minutes up the road. We had a studio and it was great, basic self catering equipment (2 hot plates, kettle and a fridge) there was a coffee maker but I would have swapped that for a toaster which would have been much more use (perhaps Kostas will put toasters on the shopping list for next year?). I think the kit varies and some of the bigger apartments in the villa have a full kitchen but who wants to cook on holiday. Many of the guests go back year after year (special hello to Ken and Joan) and we can see why. To avoid repeating things, I suggest that you read my review from last year for more information on the apartments and the area around. However some points of interest are;

- Food and drink- The pool bar does a reasonable range of lighter meals, the suasages and fries are particularly worth trying. Further afield I'd recommend Manilos in the old town or Lottos in the new town as the best places that we visited. However we did visit many others and they were on the whole very good. The only ones I suggest you avoid (based on comments from other guests who visited while we were there and not personnel experiance) are Mythos in the new town (one lady had a tissue in her dinner and still frozen pies for starters) and Synoxis in the old town, before you get to Manilos, (several people reported poor food and high drink prices). Also Piazzo (turn right at the bottom of the hill and its a few yards down) does really nice drinks, snacks and ice creams.

-Chania- you just have to go its absolutely beutifull, €1.60 each way on the local bus. Great little maps are available from the Scandic supermarket at the bottom of the hill €3, they are right behind the person sat at the till and are much better than the grotty A4 photocopy the rep will give you.Go early to avoid the crowds or go on Sundays if you don't mind the shops away from the tourist area being closed. There is a great little coffe/cake and ice cream shop on a corner just down the steps from the Western end of the old market. Visit the maritime museum at the Western end of the Harbour its only €3 and has lovely clean toilets as well as really intersting displays.
We took a glass bottom boat trip with Captain Nick on the Aphrodite and it was brilliant. We were on the 3 hour trip that stops for some snorkelling at a little beach and I cannot tell you how much fun it was. neither my wife or I had snorkelled before and she loved it so much she now wants to try scuba. Captain Nick seems to have one objective on the trip, make absolutely sure everyone enjoys it, there's no pressure or silly gimmicks just a man who really seems to care and will do what he can to ensure you enjoy your trip.

-Rethymno- buses on Crete are very good and we used them to go here (change buses at Chania bus station very easy). Much cheaper than booking a trip and well worth a day out to wander around, again the Scandic has a good map for €3. rom memorey buses leave Chania at half past the hour and coming back their on the hour. Buy return tickets at Chani i think they were around €12 each.

Finally about the flights, we were with Small Planet and there is a lot of bad things said about them on various forums. All I can say is that they were two of the best charter flights I've had. The staff were friendly, the food was hot and both flights were on time. Yes the planes are older, they are a little tired inside and legroom is a little lacking but it's a typical charter configeration for short hall flights. People have posted on forums about the planes being so old that they are not being airworthy and that's ill informaed rubbish. I work in the aviation maintenance industry (not for Small Planet I should add) and we would not have got on if there were any issues like that. The planes are older models yes (but good solid Boeings) that's true, less fuel effecient etc but they still have to conform to European safety standards. If you want more modern planes you'll need to pay more for your holiday and and go with a company who will of course charge you significantly more than Olympic. Its like choosing a car, some people like a new one and others are quite satisifed with a second hand one, both do the job but one has more style and comfort.

Bottom line for a low cost, relaxing self catering holiday, in good apartments with a lovely pool, it would be hard to beat these partments.

Room Tip: We preffered the main block where all rooms have some form of sea view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple