The Marriott Los Suenos is a sprawling resort with impeccable grounds. I really did get that tropical feeling walking around. The rooms were well appointed and the pool was really incredible.
Now, if you are looking for a beach vacation, this is not the place for you. The water and sand are not nice. I think that is why the resort has invested so much in the pools. The pool scene was nice, service was friendly and attentive.
The real draw here is the fishing. We chartered a boat for half a day, and set off right from the marina. We didn't catch much, but being on the ocean was very nice and made for a very relaxing day.
This place is very tropical, but it is a Marriott resort and sometimes I felt like I was in Florida rather than a foreign country. Costa Rica is beautiful, but this resort caters to Americans who do not want to be far away from the comforts of home. If that's what you want from a resort in a foreign country then this is the place for you. For me, I like a little more local flavor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura