We stayed in an ocean facing room during the third week of April. This resort is part of the Marriott chain is one of their finer resorts. The hotel has a golf course and casino on site, as well as a restaurant and bar.
The location is roughly an hour south of the capital city of San Jose. The resort is ideally located in Playa Herradura and very close to Jaco (surf city) and the Tarcoles River (lots of American Crocodiles).
The resort has a number of interconnecting pools that can bring a smile to children and adults alike. The ocean in front is beautiful to look at but less desireable than other locations with a short drive.
The front desk attendants are not exactly first class. Our check-in was delayed for over an hour without a valid excuse or an apology. The housekeepers were good but had to be reminded to change the sheets during our stay. The bellmen were very helpful and entertaining.
I would definately return to the resort, as it is close to Manuel Antonio, Dominical and all points south, as well as San Jose.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura