“Great Stay in Costa Rica!”

Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Herradura
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We just returned from a 6 day stay at the Marriott and really enjoyed ourselves. The resort itself was beautiful, well maintained, and truly a great place to stay. Both the wife and I are extreme foodies and thought the food at the resort and marina were top notch. The staff was great and at your service at all times.

What truly made the trip special was running into Juan Carlos Murillo Picado on the beach (Marriott property). Juan Carlos is a tour guide and runs Los Suenos Travel. He was able to set us up with all of our tours (ATV Riding, Zip lining, etc.). He was there to pick us up at the hotel, drop us off on location, stayed there until we were finished, and then returned us back safely. You can certainly book your tours through the hotel, but you will pay 25% or more on every tour you book. At no point did I feel unsafe and I highly recommend you search him out for assistance. If you would like to contact him directly, you can e-mail him (murillojuancarlos@hotmail.com) or give him a call at (506) 8911-02-95.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,337)

Reviewed April 17, 2013

took us 15 hours to get there but the staff made it worthwhile. They were courteous, efficient and made the whole stay relaxing. The food was superb and thanks to the bar staff at the swim up pool for introducing me to 'miami vice'. Delicious!
A special thanks to Melvin who was almost like a personal major domo, looking after our food and drink needs. I can't say enough about all the staff who always greeted us with a smile and 'hola!' It was a truly relaxing and enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We came here for a 4 day 5 night business conference. When we arrived everyone was very nice and helpful. It is a great location for business but they are also very geared for kids. We found that housekeeping was very attentive and the service in all the restaurants were excellent though a little slower but we are there to relax so that's okay. For the events we attend they were very attention to detail. The conference/ball rooms had lots of space for small to large groups. Everyone helped us with our spanish, even in the town Jaco that is about 10 mins away. They have so great shops for gifts. We didn't try it but the spa at the hotel gave the most amazing massages... everyone we were with was go and gave great reviews. The breakfast buffet was fantastic! But I think the best part is the pool. Despite so many people it didn't feel like the pool was full and you can easily spend all day in it as the water is the perfect temp. (I don't like cold pools). There are so many places to go as it is all interconnected. There are more than enough lounge chairs and they even have hammocks for you to lay in and look over the ocean. We are planning on going back and taking the kids as they would have a blast there with all the activities they plan. We wanted to golf but with the timing of the business meetings and the temperature at mid day there was no way, it was way to hot (30-40). I found it is in great location to use as a base and do day trips. I just wish we were there longer to do more.

Room Tip: The rooms with the balconies have hanging chairs (4th floor and ground). I would have loved to have...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

the food at this hotel was AMAZING especially in the bar area upstairs. the bar-tending/restaurant staff was EXCELLENT and made my family's stay very pleasant while in costa rica, they made us feel right at home. GOLF COURSE is beautiful and the pool area is awesome to lounge in all day. Thank you Cristopher, Fabian, Jason, Carlos, Elmer & Chacho

Room Tip: get a first floor room ocean view. hammock on the porch and amazing sunset each night. room #115 and...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2013

The staff at every level of this hotel were by far the friendliest, most helpful, kind of any Marriott or hotel we've ever stayed. The staff were prompt in providing service when twice we had difficulty with the safe in the room. The staff remembered our name at many of the on sight restaurants and front desk when we came in for a meal. The front desk could staff a few more people as there was most often a line. We were disappointed that in room internet service was not availabile in the rooms at this hotel but was in the lobby area. This was very discouraging. Also while the rooms were very quaint, clean, large and welcoming, the site could use an upgrade. Nuevo Latino restaurant was amazing. It was never very crowded but the food was excellent and the service outstanding for not much more money than the other restaurants at the hotel or the area. Visit the Marina too.

Room Tip: The rooms on the back side of the hotel are same size as the ocean view and garden view. I would op...
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Karol Fernandez, Allen and Morgan were a few of our poolside servers - amazing service and educated team! Mario at Nuevo Latino treated us to amazing food and service - top notch Tuna and Sea Bass! Sylvia in housekeeping was a jewel and so very attentive.

We golfed 18 holes, and I am very embarrassed to have forgotten the gentleman’s name who made an incredibly memorable day for us. It was blazing hot 4/10, and we almost didn't go. However, it was the first time I golfed without a Marshal behind me OR having to play Best Ball because I am not a great player.

I lost a little money at the Casino - but, that had nothing to do with anything other than my poor judgment and.... maybe a little too much alcohol consumption. Of which I blame entirely on my boyfriend! :)

The other note: This was the week following Easter Break (Spring break for some). There were very few Children ( I have and love mine dearly), which made for a more lively atmosphere. Going Post-Holiday is the way to go for Couples!!!

Also: The 4th Floor Tower is available for Dinner or other services for a private and beautiful view at night - amazing. $75 Service Fee and is well worth a romantic moment.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

While the rooms vary on the availability of balconies, we were lucky to get a room with a lovely balcony looking out over the bay for a partial ocean view price. The service staff for the hotel rooms was great. The service at the outdoor cafe was not as good. They seemed bored with their jobs - service was slow once food was ordered, tables were not completely set and it was hard to get the knife, fork, spoon or salt shaker that was needed.

The pool is a delightful S curve that can be floated in or swum. We did laps from one end to the other. Of course at one of the far ends is the swim up bar - a nice reward.

The spa was a good experience- actually my first mud bath. Definitely glad I did it and I was quite exfoliated afterwards.

Wild life abounds on the grounds but does not seem to get into the hotel. Nearby are entrances to parts of a rain forest and a small town - Jaco.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Herradura
Hotel Villa Caletas
#1 of 40 in Jaco
Best Western Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort
Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club

Been to Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort? Share your experiences!