Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Los Suenos Resort Villas & Condos(Herradura)(Great Value!)
Villas Herradura(Herradura)(Great Value!)
Villas Majolana(Herradura)
  • Pool
2,455 results
All reviewsgolf courselos suenosswim up barcosta ricabreakfast buffetkids clubpiko travelswiss travelsan josezip liningbeautiful propertyamazing poolrented a carherradura beachla vistaall inclusive packagerainy season
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

My wife and l visited Costa Rica for the first time and stayed at the Los Suenos. Marriott. We have visited many warm weather vacation spots and decided to try this location for our 30th wedding anniversary. This was the perfect place for a relaxing romantic week. Upon arriving I had to "work" the front desk a bit to get a room with a balcony view. The staff was very accomadating once they realized we were platinum Marriott members. The hotel , dining facilities, pool, spa and fitness center were excellent. The complex is a short walk from a beautiful marina with lots of shops and dining choices. We spent a couple nites visiting Jaco which is a 10 minute taxi ride from the hotel. Lots of restaurant s , clubs and bars if you are looking for nightlife. There are many fun activities such as ziplining, golf and world class sport fishing. A highlight of the trip was catching a mahimahi and having the restaraunt prepare it for dinner. I will say that during the weekdays it was very quiet and relaxing. The weekend was a bit busier with lots of families and kids running around. Also ths beach was not very nice but we didnt mind since the pool complex wrapping thru out the property and had a nice swim up bar. We would definitely return

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank bogeyman2
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Trip Advisor is a stellar platform for people to express their pleasure (or displeasure in some cases) for hotels and restaurants. I use it as a resource ALL THE TIME! How anyone could possibly criticize the Los Suenos Marriott in Costa Rica is beyond me! What a beautiful property. My husband and I stayed there 5 years ago and, to be honest, I totally expected our second visit to be a bit of disappointment. We suspected that, perhaps, the resort would present itself as being 5 years older and shows some signs of wear and tear. Well, that was not the case. The resort is taken care of with extreme concern about presentation and guest experience. It is beyond lovely in a country filled with beauty.

We actually sat on our deck (multiple times) and saw flocks of scarlet macaws fly by! I do recommend requestling a deck and paying the extra nightly fee for that - it really does enhance the room. The breakfast buffet was outstanding - never had a better one to be honest.

Special thanks to Alexander (Reception), David (La Vista for breakfast) and Melvin (pool bar). What wonderful representatives for the Marriott specificially and Costa Rica in general. Each of these stellar individuals contributed to an amazing vacation for my husband and I. We cannot wait to return to Los Suenos!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Request a balcony or patio!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mbclifford
Reviewed January 29, 2013 via mobile

I am from Costa Rica and this is the second time I spent in this hotel. Let me tell you, it is absolutely beautiful! The pool is perfect because you can find shadow at all times. The food is good, although it could improve. The cleanliness of the rooms and the hotel in general is impeccable. The location is perfect and Los Sueños in general is a great place. The gym is very nice and clean. Also, you can safely take long walks outside the hotel and appreciate the beauty. Golf course is great. The only real problem I had was with service, especially at the pool bar, which has good food and good drinks, but lacks in service especially for local tourists. I noticed the difference when they attended international tourists and us. They should improve this. Overall it is a great hotel...

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Full service, luxury resort on the ocean. Our room was on the nicer side of average with all the standard amenities (robe, TV, internet, balcony) but felt quick sparse due to the requisite clay/tile finishes. The resort has fabulous pool area with multiple pools/bars. Large beach but not super inviting to sit and sun. The ocean on this side of Costa Rica is quite silty due to volcanic activity. I did not get a chance to golf but there is a golf course beside the resort. Lots of little lizards around to play with. Close to beach/surf town Jaco.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We stayed at the hotel, not the condos. The grounds were fantastic. The pool wound around with many beautiful seating areas, and there was wonderfull shade on the green area along the beach. The food was quite good too. Our room was very nice, but not the ocean view our reservation promised, and several in our party had the same issue. The one big drawback, and it was a big one for me, is that there was no balcony to sit in outside the room. That left you sitting in a very nice but ordinary room during any down time. There also were few English language TV stations. The main ones were said to be intermittant, but never were on in our 6 day stay. We watched old sitcoms in English ( Friends and 2 1/2 Men) and had fun practising out Spanish by reading the Spanish subtitles.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony. Also some people seemed to have had a breakfast included stay.We got a great rate from Kayak.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple