My husband and I arrived in San Jose Nov. 23, 2012 late in the evening so decided to stay at the airport Courtyard with free shuttle. Leaving the airport is very confusing with everyone asking to help you find your way. Shuttle pickup area was not marked so we let someone lead us to the area and phone the hotel and we tipped him because this is what they're looking for. The courtyard was ok for the night.
The next morning we arranged ahead for Estalin from CostaRicaTourOffice.com to pick us up and drive Los Suenos. Estalin was prompt and we had a very nice conversation on the hour trip to the hotel. Estalin previously worked for Marriott Los Suenos so this is why we chose him plus the great reviews posted about him. We liked him so much that we asked hime to make arrangements for us to zipline, guide us thru Manuel Antonio Park, and arrange a fishing boat at a fraction!! of the cost for us to have the experience of catching the "big one".
Had a blast on the zipline and have Estalin arrange because it will cost less. Estalin also was our guide thru Manuel Antonio and had knowledge about all sorts of things in the park from vegetation to sloths. We did see 5 sloths, howler monkies, and whiteface monkies. Fishing was on the boat "Allin" and all though the weather wasn't the best the captain and mate showed us a great time. We even saw a whale shark. Caught 2 yellow tunas and 4 mahi mahi. We took a fillet to the chef and he prepaired an awesome dinner for us. The rest of the fish fillets were given to Henry (the captain) Carlos (first mate) and Estalin.
Marriott Los Suenos is a very nice property! My husband is a platinum member and we chose the all inclusive package which for us was nice. Franklin, the reservation manager helped us with some confusion about our package with a great smile and professional manner that we appreciated. Any problems, find Franklin. We found the food to be very good and the waiters to be extremely helpful and pleasant. Special thanks to Fabian and Marko. Loved the pool......the design is awsome because even if the property is crowded the pool could have a private feel. We were upgraded to a suite and this made our vacation soooooo comfortable! Thank you to the Marriott employees for their friendly service!
For our return we were picked up by Estalin. I wanted to take back coffee and t-shirts so Estalin stopped at a shop that had reasonable prices and choices of coffee that were not displayed at the resort. What a great one stop store. I highly reccomend CostaRicaTourOffice to help make your vacation experience memorable. I also loved the beauty of The Marriott Los Suenos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognized by Travel & Leisure magazine readers as one of the "World's Best," the Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort is a luxury Costa Rica resort hotel nestled between the warm waters of the Pacific and a 1,100 acre tropical rainforest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean And Golf Resort
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Hotel Herradura
- Marriott Los Suenos Ocean Hotel
- Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort Costa Rica/Herradura