“Amazing Experience”

Costa Rica Dreams Sportfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: COSTA RICA DREAMS SPORTFISHING is the 5 STAR, EXCLUSIVE charter company at the famous Los Suenos Resort and Marina near Jaco Beach. We are the largest owner/operator in Costa Rica offering fishing packages for fishing charters, tortuga island tours, condos and transportation. Fish aboard one of our first class fishing boats from 32' to 50' yachts. We are NOT just a "booking agent".....we actually OWN the boats and the Full Time crews (Captains & Mates) are our permanent employees. All with first class customer service!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Mr. Dave Embrey along with his staff at Costa Rica Dreams run a top notch business. Our family planned a trip to the beautiful Los Suenos resort and were given Mr. Embrey's name to contact for fishing. I was first impressed that Mr. Embrey himself answered the phone himself upon our call. He took the time to understand what our family's needs would be and made recommendations accordlingly. He immediately following up with an email recapping our plans. Our family when on an all day fishing trip, where they were constantly waited on hand and foot. Any time they needed something, the crew handled it before they could ask. My personal favorite was the Sunset Cruise on the Hatteras. What an Amazing experience. Once again, we did not have to ask for a thing, the crew anticipated everything. Captain Dean was our Captain and was excellent. He and his first mate were interesting to talk with and could answer all of our questions about the area. We cruised down the coastline, swam, snorkeled, and just sat back and watched the beautiful sunset. This was the most relaxing experience that I have every had. I would highly recommend Costa Rica Dreams, and if I ever get an opportunity to go back to this beautiful place, the staff at Costa Rica Dreams would be one of my first calls. Thanks Dave, Kathy, and staff! The Crooks Family.

Costa R, Owner at Costa Rica Dreams Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Becky....thanks so much! When we hear stories like this...we know we are doing our job! Glad you had a great time in this great country and can't wait to see you again! Dave

Reviewed July 28, 2012

Costa Rica Dreams is the best choice for sport fishing in Los Sueños. We had a great time, caught lots of fish, and enjoyed the company of the yacht crew. Highly recommended!

Costa R, Owner at Costa Rica Dreams Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

APPRECIATE THE KIND RESPONSE! There are many choice for people to fish here in Costa Rica and we like to think we do it a little "different" than the rest by treating you the way that I know I always like to be treated when I travel and fish at other places. We want to create true friendships with everyone who visits us!

Reviewed July 16, 2012

dino was our expert captain, aboard our yacht which was well equiped, with a bathroom, little kitchen area, refrigeration, a little dinig area, etc.... his two helpers were really great! we were greeted with coffee and juice.... once on board, we all got really comfortable. we did some fishing, went to a couple of beaches...... had a picnic, played in and out of the water and had a blast! it was lots of fun.......
definately worth it, definately recommend it ........ BRING LOTS OF SUN BLOCK!!!!!!!!

Costa R, Owner at Costa Rica Dreams Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

THANKS SO MUCH! I will pass this on to Captain Dean "Dino"..... he loves making people happy! Thanks for coming "up" and visiting us and hope to see you again soon! Dave

Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I booked Costa Rica Dreams Sportfishing during a 2005 honeymoon and was extremely pleased with the captains, crews, boats and food. Fishing wasn't bad either...we caught and released 9 sails...some of the largest that I have ever caught. I made return trips 2008 and 2011 with the "boys" and the fishing was just as excellent. Overall, working with Dave and team was a wonderful experience. As a licensed charter captain fishing of the Florida coast, I was impressed with the quality of experts and equipment. Yes, "I will return".....have been invited to fish the IGFA International Bluewater in 2013....here's hoping it is in Costa Rica!
Capt J. Fields ("Reel Rebel Fishing Team")

Costa R, Owner at Costa Rica Dreams Sportfishing, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

John, thanks much for the great review. We will definitively be seeing you next year because the IGFA World Finals will be here in May 2013! Until then....keep the lines tight!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our group of 4 anglers had a great time on the "Los Suenos" on May 28th. We contacted Dave to make arrangements for our first offshore trip out of Los Suenos, Costa Rica. Great experience and excellent boats and crews. Captain Deano, with deckhands Carlos and Tesi, made sure we had a great time. We raised 5 sails, hooked 3 and landed 2 beautiful sail fish - not a bad time at all! We'll be back and will book again with Costa Rica Dreams. Thanks guys! The Jones'

Hi Warren....great having you with us! You guys had a great day of fishing with Captain "Deano" and the boys. He knows a little bit about it since this is his 43rd year! Hope to see you back soon! Dave