Mana Nui Inn
Hotels.com
$146
$320
$256
Hotel Puku Vai(Hanga Roa)
$144
$200
$135
  • Breakfast included
Keu Henua Eco-Hostal(Hanga Roa)
$120
$82
Cabanas Christophe(Hanga Roa)(Great Value!)
$130
  • Breakfast included
All reviewswatch the sunsetplace to staybuy stuffminute walkthe ownereaster islandpretty standardhot waterher husbandwalking distanceocean viewinternet accessday tourother guestssmall kitchenthe main streetenjoyed my stay
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It is very complicated to find accommodation at this island, but after reading pretty much all reviews available I chose Mana Nui and I have no regrets at all. Vicky welcomes you as a friend she hasn't seen in a while and does her utmost to make you feel at home. From car rental to finding charcoal for a BBQ in property she will make sure you will have a fantastic stay.
The property is clean, offers great views and without luxury it will offer you all needed for an unforgettable Holliday.
I will go back one day and for sure I will stay at Mana Nui and cook my daily BBQ while the sun sets right at my porch. Once more, thanks Vicky! You are a star. I will send you the pic at the airport, I promise.

Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Ernesto A
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I have travelled the world and have lived on four continents. I studied at the university level in Europe and Africa and have taught as well. Few places get enough of my attention to beckon me back. Rapa Nui is one of them. Bicky, Ezequiel and Patricia were fabulous hosts. The property is modest as expected. The ambiance was delicious with a side-dish of native dance by Patricia. Outstanding performer! Yeah, if you are a city bumpkin, the roosters at dawn might annoy you but that is sweet home to me. I go to BA every winter, so RN is an easy jump, but I haven't planned my next trip yet. Soon, though, before the leaves cry.

Room Tip: Get a sea view to gaze at the Moai.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nzuzi
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We loved Mana Nui. It consists of little cottages and ours had a view of the sea and was walking distance to our favorite Moa. Family run, the daughter who picked us up at the airport is a professinal dancer and we visited her native show which was a lot of fun. Her aunt & uncle are artists and we bought a small Moai from this charming couple. We rented a car through the B&B for one day so we could see the sun rise at the "Gang of 15", the largest group of Moai, and drive all around the island after having had a day tour the previous day to get our bearings. The Tavernne du Pecheur is a terrific restaurant within walking distance from the Mana Nui and there is another restaurant at the end of the pier where you can enjoy cocktails at sunset sitting over the water. We enjoyed the reasonably priced Miro restaurant which is very close to the B&B. We found Easter Island to be the highlight of our trip to Chile and an unforgetable experience. The Moais are magnificent and their story and the history of the island itself is fascinating.

Room Tip: Cottage with a view of the sea is best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank scottnkassandra
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This hotel has a very friendly staff and a lovely setting but I'm afraid it was a little loud and uncomfortable. I stayed over the weekend, so perhaps that's why but you could hear loud base-driven music on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night. Saturday's clubbing went well into daylight on Sunday. The place is rustic, which is quite beautiful but because of the setting away from town, the night is full of roosters and dogs. Because of the noise, I had to shut my window, but that get immediately quite stuffy and hot in the summer. That being said, the stars are quite beautiful and the distance from the beach can't be beat and the breakfast is great. But check the price -- if the room was $40 - their posted rate in the lobby that'd be worth it. But the internet rate is quite high for the lack of comfort.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room away from the noisy neighbors or club scene.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank trave7er33
Reviewed March 13, 2012

First of all: We had a good stay in Hanga Roa and this hotel fulfills the main criterias. Main advantages are the perfect placement close to Ahu Tahai for sunrise and sunset and still close to the center of Hanga Roa and some excellent restaurants like Miro or Au Bout du Monde. The hotel is clean and apart of some cocks and dogs in the night (as everywhere on Rapa Nui), it is calm and a good place to to set-back after a day out. So I would mainly rate Mana Nui Inn with 4 out of 5 points.

But I have to take one point off: We had our return flight at 7am, so needed to leave the hotel shortly after 5am. As I did not wanted to have a hassel and as I had read some negative comments on Tripadvisor re paying issues, I had already paid the first day of our 7 nights stay. Last day we were asked whether we had already paid and I confirmed so - first time I got suspicious. But I got quite angry in the morning at 5am when we were asked to show the confirmation / receipt that I had been putting whereever 1 week ago. We had to check all our baggages and it was quite a hassell until I found the receipt after some 10 minutes or so. No idea what might have happened if I had not found this bloody paper, only because THEY were not able to do a proper job!!! Therefore only 3 points out of 5 - sorry.

Summary: Good location, perfect setting, but be aware to pay in advance and also to keep the receipt. In case you do not want to have any hassel the last day, there must be a lot of other nice places in Hanga Roa...

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family