“Sea side eating” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
London
“Sea side eating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Tavake overlooks the sea and the noise of breaking waves dominates the experience. This is probably the most popular eating venue on the island and as a result one of the more expensive. If you on the island for more than a day or two then this is a must. The tables outside are initially very tempting but can get very chilly once the sun sets and the breeze gets up.

Visited April 2014

Calgary, Canada
“Can I give it less than one star?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Worst place I ate at on my stay in Easter Island. Ordered local fish and chips. the chips were cold and the fillet of fish, when I expected a whole fish, it was like a frozen fillet. I did not bother finishing the meal. Now insult to injury, this is a small cafe stye restaurant with plastic chairs and they still add on the 10% service charge. I except this at the better restaurants on the island but not this place.
In fact the service was very slow, as the waiter was the same old lady that did the cooking. Had to wait forever just for a beer. Final insult was the exchange rate she offered me to pay with US dollars, most places were around 470 she was at 430! Looking around me I do not think other patrons were that impressed either.
My advice do not give her any future business.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Rzrsedg
Westminster, Colorado
“not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was hungry and decided to grab a bite at this restaurant, not knowing anything about it. There was only one other person sitting and eating. Perhaps that was a sign I should have considered. Anyway, I ordered the local white fish. with mashed potatoes. I thought it was going to be grilled but it was just cooked with gravy. It was gross and I didn't even finish half of it.
oh well.