“Wonderful!”

and up
Small-Group Full-Day Easter Island Highlights North and West
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Exploring one step further. Live your Easter Island adventure the way you imagined it. Feel more of the island spirit and atmosphere through our wide array of tours. Tours are offered in fluent English, Spanish and Swedish. The agency is owned by Marcus Edensky (one of the very few non-natives throughout history ever to learn to speak the ancient Easter Island language Rapa Nui fluently) and by local Alicia "Makohe" Ika (musical artist and surf instructor, famous from Hollywood-directed environmental surf movie 180° South).
Reviewed December 20, 2013

It was a fantastic 2 days with Marcus who is a wealth of information that is presented in an entertaining manner, including singing at special places.
We listened to his wife sing in the evening....like an beautiful.
Marcus made our short trip to Easter Island memorable and definitely worth it!
Tack så mycket Marcus!

2  Thank Herewegoagain2013
mEdensky, Owner at Easter Island Travel, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2013

Hi Herewegoagain2013, thank you for your comment! It was nice to get to know you, my best wishes to both of you! God Jul!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

Back a couple of weeks now. I will not forget my wonderful 4 days on this fantastic island spending 2 days in the company of Marcus and his wealth of information , his helpfulness, his singing. Mind you i havent stopped playing his wifes C D, meeting Alicia and their lovely baby at Anakena beach . I very much reccomend Easter island traveling tours

1  Thank puffinphilly
mEdensky, Owner at Easter Island Travel, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Hi Phil, yes that was a nice concidence bumping into my wife and our son with friends at Anakena beach! Thank you for your comment, it was a pleasure getting to know you, take care!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

I was very fortunate to find a link to Marcus' website while investigating a trip to Easter Island. The best decision of my trip was to book a tour with him! With a limited stay on the island, Marcus was able to customize a tour for my husband and I to see am much as possible. Not only is Marcus exceedingly knowledgeable about the island, but his insights into Rapa Nui life and culture, special tidbits and legends, and singing traditional Rapa Nui songs for us was amazing.
Not only did Marcus lead our tour, but he also responded to my numerous emails and provided recommendations. He also went above and beyond and made dinner reservations for us!
I only wish we had been there longer to spend more time on such an amazing island and take additional tours with Marcus!
PS... check out his wife's music on iTunes. She is amazing!

1  Thank jesssshaw
mEdensky, Owner at Easter Island Travel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you, JessAndFro for your review, and thanks for giving me the opportunity to get to know both of you guys! I had a wonderful time myself, and I'm glad to hear that you did as well. Good luck in life to both of you!

Reviewed November 23, 2013

The minute we exited the plane on Easter Island I was in love with the place. Our tour guides were the couple that actually were in charge of the restoration of the statues. If you have a chance to get to this place you will love it. One day we hiked over the island and saw some of the other ancient buildings like chicken houses. Another day we went up to the caldera. The guide's son had actually gone down in there and swam but said climbing back out was difficult. The moai are huge and dominate some areas. There are wild horses everywhere. One evening we were entertained with native dances - similar to other polynesian cultures.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We booked two days with Easter Island Traveling and had Christian as our guide who turned out to be a fantastic companion for two days. We did two tours - Monolith and Birdman - and Christian provided so much information we felt like we were experts at the end of the two days.

Honestly, if you're making the effort to go all the way to Easter Island, I strongly recommend going the private tour route. We saw lots of groups along the way and it wouldn't be the same experience in a group as with a private guide. Christian tailored our day to avoid the crowds and see the sites that suited the weather, something you won't get on a big group tour. He was just an all-round great guide. Very highly recommended.

1  Thank looseendsmakeknots
mEdensky, Owner at Easter Island Travel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

I'm very glad to hear you had a good experience with us, thank you for your comment! Should you ever find your way back we'd be happy to receive you again!