“Well-Prepared Fish”

Cuisines: Chilean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stopped here for lunch after a receiving a flyer at the airport from a pleasant employee. The service was excellent and attentive without being intrusive. The dishes were colorful and well presented. The whitefish was soft and cooked perfectly. The place seems to attract mostly English-speaking tourists, but all are welcome of course. Very central location.

1  Thank Kenescence

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We ate at Makona twice on our recent visit to Easter Island. On the first visit we had five pepper fish and five pepper steak and it was fantastic, the best meal of the trip. Both were cooked to perfection and very tender.

On the second visit we each tried something new and didn't like either of them. I can't remember exactly what they were (one involved a wine sauce) but the fish was way overcooked and it really took away from the meal.

I would recommend going, just make sure you get something with the five pepper sauce!

1  Thank looseendsmakeknots
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here last night and were both satisfied with our meals. We both had fish dishes that came with one side dish for $20 each. I wife had fish in pepper sauce with mixed vegetables while I had fish with seafood and rice. The fish was cooked properly and the mixed veg was a nice side dish. Service was pretty good and helpful, with some understanding of English. The menu is also in English. I might prefer Hatu U because their portions are larger but it is also slightly more expensive then Makona but as my wife explained, I didn't have the ceviche at Makona so it's hard to compare. You shouldn't be disappointed with either.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The place is on the main strip, not the sunset view you get at the pier, but you can see people go by and it's close to where we were staying... The grill fish we had was a local variety, a rock fish that's just available here on the island... It was a little dry but good to know we tasted something that was not on every other restaurants menu...

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Had a great feast here, our first taste of the islands cuisine. & of us were treated like royalty, food was amazing (be warned, EVERYTHING on the island is expensive) The manager was dropping of people to his cafe on his scooter and came and chatted with everyone as he made his rounds, was a lovely place. food was delicious!