“Go inn and enjoy a good meal”
Review of La Kaleta

La Kaleta
Ranked #12 of 54 Restaurants in Hanga Roa
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

This is the BEST restaurant we tried in our stay at the Easter Island. Lovely wine and food, nice servic and lovely to see the ROMANTIC SUNSET from this restaurant:) :)

Go visit

Reviewed December 24, 2013

We had read in two different guidebooks that La Kaleta can be hit or miss. It was definitely a miss for us. We arrived at the head of a rush of about 5 different parties of various sizes. Unfortunately, while we arrived and were seated first, we were the last to receive attention (took about 20 minutes to get the waiter to come over and we got to watch while each of the 5 tables seated after us was attended to). We ordered the fish of the day with mashed sweet potatoes. About 5 minutes after placing our order, the waiter returned to say that they were out of sweet potatoes and would need to serve standard potatoes instead. We agreed to this, as shortages are common on the island. In another 5 minutes he returned and said that they were out of all potatoes and could only serve plain white rice. What could we do but agree again. Unfortunately when the dish came - it was just that: plain. My dish was over-sauced (I don't remember ordering soup) while my wife's was appropriately sauced - go figure. The sauce was bland. I found 8 bones in my filet of fish, while my wife found one (it was supposed to be boneless). The entree was $25USD. $25USD for a piece of fish that was not appropriately prepped (bones), not sauced properly and not served with the advertised side. In short, a ripoff. To top it off, the "tip" is mandatory - 10% for lousy service. When I saw this on the bill, the taste in my mouth went from bland to foul. Do yourself a favor - skip this place and walk 50 meters to Te Moana.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Our favourite restaurant in town. Amazing views, generous portious of delicious food. Great variety. Super service, english speaking staff. Great spot to watch sun sets. A must when in easter island.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We kind of "happened" upon this restaurant our first night on Rapa Nui. I had the risotto (I'm vegetarian) and it was delicious! Probably our best meal on the island! The have two large chalk board menus - one in Spanish and the other in English. My Spanish is not good (working on that), so having the English menu made ordering easier. Turns out our waitress was a vegetarian, too! We sat outside and enjoyed the view - breathtaking! When you are on the island, put this on the top of your restaurant list!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The food and service here was great. I eat here several times in my week long stay on Easter Island.
Tried lots of different dishes and they were all tasty, the fish dish was my favorite.
Even if you do not want to eat you can just go for a drink as I did one afternoon after touring.
Its a great location with a small beach and waves crashing against the rocks, watching the surfers.
One of my favorite experiences on EI.