“La Kaleta - great dining experience”
Review of La Kaleta

La Kaleta
Ranked #4 of 53 Restaurants in Hanga Roa
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Fantastic meal on the water, incredible view and place to watch the sunset, great fresh meal, wonderful service. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Really enjoyed the welcome, our very friendly waitress who spoke English much better than my Spanish. Fabulous position on the rocks overlooking the sea, just catching sunset. In fact at our table for two we were joined by a rock around which the restaurant has built its floor. Wine great vale, we must have had half a bottle each in our glass. The Food was great, best Fish Soup I've had for a long time and the Tuna was magical.Great place and great value.

1  Thank King_of_America_86
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Located at the end of Hanga Roa's small port with great views of the surf. There is a limited menu, but the food was good, especially seafood and salads. I ate here three times over four days and found the service variable and particularly slow when busy. The staff are friendly and do their best, but don't seem overly professional. Having said that, I'd go back again.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is probably the best spot to have your lunch when the weather is nice in Hanga Roa. It is around the port area, overlooking the sea. The waiters are all very nice and speak spanish and english fluently. The menu offers many options. We had lunch there twice as we loved the first time around so much. I had Ceviche the first time around and a typicall fish from Rapa Nui the second time around. Both of them were very, very nice. Wine selection is not very broad, but you can go with the local beer brands which are fine. I had on one day a Lemon pie for desert which was just ok. It is on the pricy side, as most of the things on the island - we paid for 2 adults and one kid almost 100 USD...

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I don't know whether we just hit this place on a a bad night, it was low season and the restaurant was very quiet, but this was easily the worst meal we had on Easter Island.

To start with the positives, the waiter was really nice, had great English, offered to warm up the food we'd brought with us for our one year old daughter and gave us a free mango juice for her, also this was the only restaurant we visited in Hanga Roa that had a proper high chair. The location is nice and the view would be great, though being winter it was dark by the time we arrived for dinner.

Then there was the food, for entree we had crab claws which were seriously over cooked. For main course we shared 2 dishes, we had ceviche and grilled tuna. The ceviche was ok, quite heavy on the onion, but the grilled tuna was really not up to scratch. The tuna itself was fine, but it was described as being accompanied by a sweet potato mash, but in reality it was just ordinary potatoes and they weren't even properly cooked, there were huge chunks of only half cooked potato all the way through the dish, it was really not even edible. I should admit that although I'm being brutally honest now, I didn't complain about the dish at the time.