“japanese food”

Ranked #1 of 53 Restaurants in Hanga Roa
Price range: $20,000 - $70,000
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Attention from the first of December until the thirty-first march we will be attending to all our reservations at the hotel Hare boutik since the restaurant is in reconstruction, same chef same hours the same rules but this time with much more style, for the first time with an incredible sunset in the mountains and right next to my new restaurant so please inform yourself about the rules on the web site and make a reservation
Reviewed December 7, 2012

better than san francisco - great chef- great food -prices ok- go a day before to make reservations- we tried the chicken & beef dishes plus the special miso soup. no saki but an adequate wine selection. take the time & go there.

1  Thank davidmcclendon

Reviewed December 2, 2012

As someone who has lived in London for 7 years and eats Japanese twice per week, I can sadly say this does not top Nobu or Roka or Mitsukoshi ...So the other poster is a bit misleading, that being said it is good food, with a great chef and the ambiance is quite nice!

We ate here twice. Having a large Sashimi and mixed Sushi Rolls starter, plus an extra beef tenderloin terryaki ginger style dish. Second time we tried the Shrimp Tempura Udon (noodles) and the Beef Donburi (rice). As a starter you always get a miso soup plus a small fish in sushi vinegar dish.

Genuinely we enjoyed every dish, and each was authentic.

The chef (Francisco) is very pleasant, engaging and challenges you with some good options - depending on your apetite and interests. It really added to the whole experience that he came over to each table and discussed your meal. He speaks fluent English, Spanish and Japanese. His waiter/helper was also quite friendly and also spoke good English.

Negatives? Service can be slow, as its only one chef... but the ambiance (lighting, music) is a nice balance to that. ...and the fish menu can be limited - depending on what comes in fresh... however I find that a nice problem to have!

Price for the mains was 9,000-12,000 CLP. Very comparable (and often less) to other Rapa Nui restaurants. I expected to pay more (you discuss what you want and tend to ignore the menu, so the bill is a surprise). First meal (w 3 mains) was 33,500 and our second meal was 21,000... (so $40-60 for two people... definitely pay in CLP as the US exchange rate is terrible).

Definitely worth a visit if you're on the island. It's top quality food at an excellent price, and offers much needed variety to the restaurant options on the island (sadly everyone else serves the same food...)

We're here for a week, and already debating a third trip back :)

1  Thank CdnUkPlat
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews we decided to give it a try and we were so glad we did! We were given the best welcome ever to a restaurant and asked what we liked before he recommended a dish for each of us which we loved. We were seated on the new platform which had just been built, decor was very impressive, especially given we were on a tiny island it was made to feel like a really high end Japanese restaurant which it is, better than any we've visited in London!

1  Thank Leah H
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Francisco is both a brilliant host and an excellent chef. His place is tiny but very characterful and the food outstanding. His music collection too, is also excellent. The best meal I had over six nights on Easter Island. Highly recommended!

2  Thank desertnomad68
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had read the reviews and decided I had to go. Smehow I expected a fusion Japanese, Chileno, Rapa Nui meal. Instead I discovered and thoroughly enjoyed the genuine Japanese menu. The sushi was fresh, well marinated and well cut. The only negative thing I can write is that my friend who was used to fusion meals, did not find suitable menu options. Also, we went at night and it was cold. Be prepared..

1  Thank Ricardo L