“Better than any Japanese in London!”
Review of Kotaro

Kotaro
Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Hanga Roa
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Do not eat at this restaurant without reading the rules found in the blog before. This is a restaurant owned and run by one man. If you have the time, I promise you'll enjoy the food, music and ambience, if you are in a hurry, best to make a reservation. OPENING TIME Dinner time 18:00 - 22:00 Sunday Dinner time 18:00 - 22:00 only with reservation Thursday DAY OFF. ++We don't serve any desserts ++We only serve wine,beer and soft drinks, because we think is the best choice with your meal ++and by the design of the restaurant, by the other clients, by the type of food and by their parents, we prefer not to accept children. Except educated children know how to behave in a restaurant. I hope you understand.
London, United Kingdom
“Better than any Japanese in London!”
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

After reading the reviews we decided to give it a try and we were so glad we did! We were given the best welcome ever to a restaurant and asked what we liked before he recommended a dish for each of us which we loved. We were seated on the new platform which had just been built, decor was very impressive, especially given we were on a tiny island it was made to feel like a really high end Japanese restaurant which it is, better than any we've visited in London!

1 Thank Leah H

Sao Paulo, SP
“Superb!”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Francisco is both a brilliant host and an excellent chef. His place is tiny but very characterful and the food outstanding. His music collection too, is also excellent. The best meal I had over six nights on Easter Island. Highly recommended!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank desertnomad68
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Japanese, not fusion”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I had read the reviews and decided I had to go. Smehow I expected a fusion Japanese, Chileno, Rapa Nui meal. Instead I discovered and thoroughly enjoyed the genuine Japanese menu. The sushi was fresh, well marinated and well cut. The only negative thing I can write is that my friend who was used to fusion meals, did not find suitable menu options. Also, we went at night and it was cold. Be prepared..

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Ricardo L
Los Angeles, California
“The BEST place to eat on Easter Island, worth the trip just for this restaurant!”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We can not say enough great things about this restaurant. Fantastic music and ambiance. Like the other reviewers said, take a coat and take your time, it will be worth it. His prices are great for the island and our friend, who lived in Japan, said that it was the best miso soup she had ever had. I'm a vegetarian and the owner/chef said that he would do a noodle dish for me. I can not say how surprised I was when he got out a pasta maker and made fresh noodles right there! The portions are large and everything is super tasty. It really made our trip and after eating at some mediocre places on the island, we ended up eating there three nights, with him making us a different dish each night. I would recommend to our foodie friends in Los Angeles just to go to Easter Island to eat here.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank ParkLA
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Definately a MUST on Rapa Nui”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Our guide Carlos Cabezas (CabezasCarlos@HotMail.com) recommended this and he nailed it! There are only so many restaurants in Hanga Roa but this guy is amazing! Tell him your favourites and he'll work you a personalised menu based on how hungry you feel. The cheapest, tastiest, BEST food we had on the Island.

• Visited July 2012