“Kanahau is fantastic!”

Restaurant Kanahau
Ranked #8 of 52 Restaurants in Hanga Roa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: WELCOME TO KANAHAU. We are located on the main street of Hanga Roa - Easter Island. We offer a delicate and tasty food with a lot of creativity : Seafood, fishes, pastas, meat... Our bar offer the largest choice of cocktails, alcohols, and wines of all the island. Every 2 days enjoy a cocktail with local live music ! On monday, wednesday and friday happens a great show VARUA ORA with musicians, dancers and singers.
Huntington Beach, CA
“Kanahau is fantastic!”
Reviewed December 1, 2012

The name of this restaurant is misspelled in several reviews. It's actually called Restaurant Kanahau. I took my tour group of 22 there before the Kari Kari dance performance (right next door) last week and everyone raved about the food. The steak with mushroom sauce and rice was to die for, the second best meal we had on our entire 3-week tour. (The best was at the Senderos Hosteria in El Chalten, Patagonia, Argentina.) Ambiance and decor very nice, music not too loud, service excellent. Highly recommended.

• Visited November 2012

• Czech first
Panama City, Panama
“Very good, we liked it”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

Stumbled on this little restaurant on our first night in town. Several other expat tourists were seated and appeared to be enjoying themselves, so we followed suit. I had curried tuna which was delicious. Hubby had pan fried shrimp (camarones pan co) which was equally nice. Worth the trip!

Visited November 2012
Canggu, Indonesia
“Vegeterians are welcome”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Being vegeterian I had kind of hard times in Rapa Nui:) normally the best optionas you can get are vegeterian pizza (don't expect too much from it) and salads. But Kamahua went much farther: at least two choices of rizotto and a number of pastas with vegeterian souces. My risotto was realy delicious and I really know what is a good risitto:) Service was friendly and swift, wine was expensive (normal thing for Rapa Nui) but of a good quality and properlly chilled. Real coffee (café café in Chilean Spanish) was a good ending to this lovely evening

• Visited October 2012
Melbourne
“Best Tuna Curry I've ever had”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I found Kanahau (the actual spelling of the name) on my first night in Easter Island. I ordered the Tuna Curry (which is not like an Indian curry - more like a green curry with coconut milk).
The staff were attentive and the atmosphere relaxed and friendly. Oh - and they make a good Pisco Sour!
I went back several times and enjoyed the food and service each time.

• Visited June 2012
Modiin Israel
“good ceviche”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

This place is on the main street and we have a good meal at reasonable prices.
The service could be better but was not the worse in town. The ceviche and tuna fish were very good. They have indoor and outdoor tables.

Visited September 2012