Hotel Altiplanico
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Mana Nui Inn(Hanga Roa)
View Hotel
Hotel Vai Moana(Hanga Roa)
O'tai Hotel(Easter Island)
Hotel Manavai(Hanga Roa)
  • Breakfast included
Martin y Anita Hotel(Easter Island)
Hotel Gomero(Easter Island)
Taura'a Hotel(Hanga Roa)
View Hotel
All reviewsin towneaster islandhot waternice hotelceiling fannice lobbypeaceful and relaxing stayreception buildingmosquito nets providedspecial buffetbar is openstunning sunsetsthe hotel staffhotel loungesmall poolthe pacific oceanchilli
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 19, 2014

Just like all the hotels on the island, the place is overpriced. But it is nevertheless decently comfortable, and most of all nicely located, facing the ocean. The staff is welcoming, breakfast is fairly good, and cocktails are excellent !

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This hotel is out of town, but very nice cabinas. You will need a car. The restaurant is very expensive even for Easter Island. The best way to explore this island is on your own anyway with a car/jeep. You do not need a tour. We did do a half day tour to the park, but that cost the same as a rental. Book the car when you get there as there is a large discount if you pay cash. The hotel has a nice view of the sea and a Moai. You can walk to town along the sea, but it will take about 30 min.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have been to Easter Island twice and after much research this is one of the nicest hotels. Very tastefully decorated, charming, friendly but put to the acid test scored of an incident in which they were principally responsible, they showed no responsibility or compassion..

For aesthetic reasons they removed a security barrier into one of the huts . On entry first morning on the first day I put a 3 cm cut in my head. This impeded me from diving which was the principle reason for going to Easter Island. The hotel took every measure to not assume any responsibility.

Anyone with some ill will would have sewed the hotel. We just expected some compassion and a simple commercial gesture.... A basket of fruit.

Difficult to decode whether this is arrogance of sheer inexperience, but I would have give this hotel 4 stars without this catastrophic handling of and incident that if I had gone to the local hospital would have put 5 stitches in my head .

Sag and irresponsible incident for Altiplanico and in many ways for the Chilean Hotel industry.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Anthony P
Reviewed April 11, 2014

My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here while on Easter Island. We had a little bit of apprehension when reading some of the reviews, and I can see why this hotel isn't for everyone. The biggest down side is the location as it is quite a ways outside the village. We were told you could walk to town. I tried it and as a fit hiker I could make it, but I wouldn't recommend it at all. We took cabs when we wanted to get into town, and while a bit inconvenient, it worked out fine. The upside of the location is that this hotel has a fantastic setting, at the end of a dirt road. Our room had a small outside area looking out over the ocean, it was fantastic. The hotel restaurant is one of the best places imaginable to have a drink, eat and watch the sunset. The breakfasts are very nice, and the food at the restaurant is very good, but the service is very slow and inattentive. (especially annoying when you need another drink). The front desk staff are very helpful and cheerful. The hotel could use a little sprucing up as the rooms are getting "tired". No air conditioning, but fans which work OK. For us, this hotel was very worthwhile.

Room Tip: Get a room on the ocean side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We stayed in room 17. If you expect a 5 star with high speed internet ect, I would suggest going to an all inclusive in Cancun. If you want to go to see an amazing place; go to Rapa Nui, and stay here. The staff is very friendly, and the food and music are great. Costs for food are what you would expect for such a remote place as Rapa Nui. Mosquito spray should be used. We walked to, and from town a few times, it's a leisurely 45min. The front desk offers flashlights if you want one (one of the many helpful things they offered).

Lots of space in the room. Really nice shower.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple