Firstly, congratulations to whoever selected the staff for this hotel. Everyone from the manager, receptionists, chefs, waiters and cleaners were competent, friendly and welcoming.
From our welcome drinks to our check-out everything went perfectly.
The main features:-
1. The bungalows are spacious, comfortable and private.
2. The food is delicious, especially the islander-style buffets. You will never be hungry here.
3. The views from some huts are excellent as are the water views from the administration, dining and pool area.
4. The ocean and a nearby moai is a 20 minute walk away.
5. It was quite unusual and eerie to wake up at 7am to darkness and just sit out on the front terrace lounge admiring a million stars (but take mosquito repellent).
The only downsides are:-
1. The town is a long walk away. But as this place is self-contained and with bus tours picking you up it doesn't really come into play.
2. This place is expensive.
But it is a fantastic place to splurge at the end of a hectic South American holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a property of 1.5 ha the hotel has a panoramic view of the shoreline on one of the world’s most unique destinations, Altiplanico Rapanui is designed in the style of the traditional Rapanui boathouse, with luxurious gardens, a beautiful swimming pool viewing the sea and large open spaces to relax after encountering the seductive mysteries of the island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Altiplanico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Altiplanico Easter Island/Hanga Roa