“Great people and great hotel”

Hotel Tiare Pacific
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Hanga Roa
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Reserving a room was very easy through the website, and upon arrival I was met by Christian (the innkeeper) at the airport. I stayed here for one week in March 2012 and I had no complaints. As other reviewers have mentioned, it is a bit of a walk to the main part of town. The room was much larger than expected and very clean. Breakfast was excellent. I cannot say enough about how friendly and helpful all of the staff were.
Also, there is a trampoline!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank saras99

Reviewed February 23, 2012

Like most visitors, we didn't go to Easter Island for a resort experience. We went to see and learn about an extraordinary place, which we found beautiful as well as fascinating. And the Hotel Tiare Pacific is an excellent base from which to do that. From that delicious drink of fresh juice when we arrived to when we said goodby, we felt very welcome, comfortable, and well-cared-for. The staff was very helpful despite limited English and our extremely limited Spanish. As others have noted, the breakfasts are very good and the rooms are clean and spacious. The only disadvantage is the distance from restaurants and from shops if you wish to buy e.g. bottled water - and that is really only a problem if, like me, you have a mobility limitation. But for more mobile guests, it's an excellent choice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carpe_Diem_Ontario
Reviewed February 7, 2012

As soon as we arrived, we were kindly greeted with a delicious fresh juice. The rooms are spacious and clean. Nice shower. The breakfast is outstanding (cereal, warm bread, fruit, juice…) and I should mention a banana cake called “poe”. Scrumptious!

The owner wasn´t there but the staff (Bruno and Elizabeth and their son!) were really kind and helped us a lot.

We could easily walk to Hanga Roa. By the way… it has internet wifi. It´s not the “perfect” connection, but it does work, so I did not feel isolated!

We couldn´t have made a better choice.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank maria b b
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This is a small (9 rooms) family run hotel. It was very clean and while basic, had everything I needed. Breakfast, as noted in other reviews, was very good. Its very close to the airport and about 15 mins to the 'centre' of town, such that it is. English is not really spoken; but, I speak no Spanish and did not have any problems.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank Aussieoutthere5
Reviewed November 13, 2011

It's close to the airport and within a 5 min walking distance to the main town road. In a quiet part of town and the owners were extremely nice and helpful. Breakfast was yummy and beds were decent. We had the end room which seemed to be the only room with A/C.

Room Tip: Ask for the end room on the far side.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Traveler8Colorado
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Hotel Tiare Pacific is a good choice on Easter Island. The place is generally clean and well-kept and very well-maintained by the owner. I had no trouble in making a reservation via email with Christian, the owner. This included a pick-up at the airport with a flower lei and a room with two beds. I'm very particular but I found the room, while basic, to be very clean. I actually didn't make it to breakfast either day. Christian also arranged a rental car for me which was less than I would have paid going into town to rent. The place is well-located, just two blocks off the main street across from the airport. I can't say enough about the overall hospitality of Christian and his wife in making this a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank LBOskiBear
Reviewed September 2, 2011

It has only 9 rooms and I think there are all the same (one double and one single beds) The owners are really friendly, a mixte couple (rapanui/continental) so they have a large vision of the tension between islander and the government (or continental in general). Very interesting conversations.
The place is clean, breakfast is excelent. The hotel is 100 meters from the airport and they even get and take you there by car. There is only one plane per day so no noise pollution. One of the few hotel with WIFI at the time, but not really fast connection.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business