“Great week”

Ranked #1 of 6 St. Florence B&B and Inns
Scunthorpe
“Great week”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Owners and staff very friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Breakfast and evening meal were excellent... We had entertainment on 3 of our 4 nights. Hotel situated in a very beautiful village. Hotel needs a little TLC, but rooms were large and clean.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Raymond P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

A weekend coach break for 3 days 2 nights ended up being a nightmare. On final arrival we came to the hotel, on the outside there was much evidence this place badly needed a makeover with overgrown weeds, chipped paving slabs and a dirty pool area. On the inside a very dated lounge area with dated furniture also in reception and a tiny check in desk area. When we finally came to check in our names did not appear to be on the accommodation list so we had to wait for while everyone else were allocated to their rooms. We were finally given a room up another very steep flight of stairs, because we didn't know if we were in the right area or not, on turning round the corner I spotted a few doors down a small dark corridor. Unsure what this was I carried on towards to investigate. Unfortunately because I was carrying hand luggage I failed to notice a ''step'' which I then evidently tripped over landing forward but facing sideways. I picked myself up and then my husband found where I was. I told him of the accident I had just had and we finally found our room. Inside it was small, cramped bathroom, dated furniture again desperately in need of a makeover. As a result of my accident we had to endure several flights of steep stairs just to get back down to reception to report the incident. There were no phones in the rooms either. The meals were OK but nothing exceptional. There was no entertainment on the first evening. All we could do on the first night was to stay in our very compact room watching a very boring night on the old telly. Life for me was very uncomfortable and very traumatised. Nobody from the hotel bothered to come up and see if I was all right if I needed anything, we just had to ''fend'' for ourselves as best we could. I was in a state of shock for most of the weekend and could hardly walk. Thankfully once the driver knew of our nightmare he was understanding, and various people in the party were very kind in offering us help and words of comfort and support, because this experience we had endured had really spoilt our weekend away, we just couldn't do what we had planned. In the end we just wanted to get back home and get myself sorted out. I think in future we shall think carefully about travelling on these weekend breaks without some careful thought and planning. It was just a nightmare as a result I have had to have time off work to recover and probably lose money over this.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank elizabeth l
Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2014

We have just spent a five day break in this delightful hotel, hidden away in the picturesque village of St Florence,, only 3 miles from the stunning seaside resort of Tenby....making it a superb base for surrounding Pembrokeshire countryside, which certainly stands up to the reputation of an area of outstanding natural beauty...so peaceful too. The Hotel is spotlessly clean and the the food very good too...served by excellent/friendly and helpful staff, Sharon in particular, made us all feel like friends, which of course added to a happy, fun, atmosphere in the restaurant at mealtimes Nothing was too much trouble for any of them....In the evening, they have entertainment, o.k. it's not Palladium standard, but on both the evenings, the singers were performing, they managed to get everyone singing along making an enjoyable time for all involved! There are some lovely walks nearby, which my friend and I took every evening after dinner....a couple of very nice locals in the Village, The Parsonage and The Bell, if one wanted to have a drink while out walking before returning to have a nightcap at Greenhills Hotel! The only criticism I would have is that, the flower beds and entrance to hotel needed a bit of tending, i.e. weeding, baskets etc., If I had been staying longer, I would have been more than happy to offer a hand to our friends at The Greenhills, to which we say, thank you very much for a super stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank TESSY68
w yorks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

What a lovely hotel this is,set in the little village of st florence,near tenby.The staff were wonderful,rooms clean,and the food was excellent.If i am in the area will defintley stay here again,there are lots of walks near the hotel,and the delights of tenby not far away,first class.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank miketod
Adlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Just spent 5days wonderfull days here ,we were greeted warmly by Paul . The hotel is family run and all are fantastic , nothing was to much troubled for them . We had rooms 3 and 5 both were spotlesly clean and spacious, beds were very comfortouble .one of us only likes plain food , they were very eager to change it for us which added to our stay,Keith the barman was fantastic always ready for a bit of crack,he is his own star turn hope he does his easy and very funny quiz for you ,thanks to everyone there

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank John Y
Chertsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

Absolutely fabulous from start to finish , week stay for coach holiday excellent location hotel clean very homely. Paul the owner fantastic nothing too much trouble for him ... food excellent and always well presented.
Hotel needs updating but couldn't fault my stay.. would recommend this hotel and definitely would come again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
10 Thank Kay6969
tenby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had our wedding breakfast and evening party here also staying over night. The whole day was perfect. The meals where absolutely beautiful and evening buffet was amazing. I have never seen so much food in my life
And it kept being topped up. All my guest commented how good it was. We stayed there the night and room was perfect. Everything was so clean.
The staff were great. Nothing was too much trouble and they were so friendly.
I would definitely recommend greenhills to eat and to stay
A huge thanks to Paul and Kelly for making our special day magical. Xx

#13 of 24 in Tenby
Atlantic Hotel
Atlantic Hotel
#7 of 24 in Tenby

Been to Greenhills Hotel? Share your experiences!