“Fantastic B&B with great accomodation”

Mas du Clos de l'Escarrat
Ranked #1 of 4 Jonquieres B&B and Inns
London
“Fantastic B&B with great accomodation”
Reviewed June 12, 2006

I can't comment on the wine tours like other here as I couldn't give a monkey's about wine, but this place is fabulous. The owners greeted us warmly - and made us feel right at home. The rooms we stayed in were in the grounds, and huge and quirky and clean and just felt 'right'.

I'll definitely be returning here.

• Stayed June 2006
9 Thank DarylFielding

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mackay
Reviewed June 6, 2006

Hello,

I located Le the Mas by surfing the net, I am certainly pleased I did so. Andree and Charles made us so welcome and at home even for our short stay. Charles had created an itinerary for us due to our limited time in Provence, including the renowned wine tour.

Anna and I were both delighted by the warm and sincere welcome we received and throughout our most pleasant stay at Le Mas. Provence is certainly a wonderful part of the world and the wines of the region speak for themselves.

The accommodation was excellent and the food superb, to match the wonderful hosts company. I would certainly recommend staying at Le Mas to anyone who wishes to relax, to experience Provence and take part in an informative and educational wine tour.

I know that Anna and I will return to Le Mas in future and experience Spring in Provence.

Andree and Charles thankyou so much,
take care
Anna and Geoff
March 2006

• Stayed March 2006
10 Thank ol_tima
San Diego
Reviewed June 3, 2006

You have to experience this to believe it. Charles and Andree will make your visit to Provence as though you were visiting home after a long absence. They open their home to you, and first, it's beautiful, homey, romantic, peaceful, ilyllic, and second, you'll find it's educational, close to everything in Provence, and just a totally lovely experience that will be the highlight of your holiday.

Don't miss the wine tour. Charles knows more about wine than most vinters, and he's completely entertaining with his charm and his wit. We coudn't resist inviting him up to our apartment for even more wine and lots more conversation, with that sparkle in his eye that makes you feel truly privileged to have understood his joke. Andree's Provencal dinner will be the best you experience in this region.

Add to this the fact that the cost is a fraction of the cost elsewhere, and consider yourself lucky if you find them available during your holiday.

Please feel free to email me if you'd like additional info. I drove my family thorugh much of Provence using the Mas as our home port, and it was a fantasic experience. We always looked forward to coming home to Charles, Andree and the dogs, Titus and August. If you stay here, you'll look forward to posting as I did (I'm not even home yet.)

• Stayed June 2006
8 Thank igettheheat
Waikoloa, Hawaii
Reviewed November 4, 2005

I booked based upon these reviews and everything said was TRUE! Charles and Andre are delightful, the accommodations are beautiful and comfortable, and the location is perfect. You will need a car but how else are you going to experience the wonderment of Provence? Take the wine tour. If you cannot commit for the two days, talk with Charles to see what can be customized. This was our first trip to Provence. We wanted the perfect location and we found it! Suggestion: Take the TGV from Paris CDG to Avignon. Then pick up a rental car at the station and drive 20 minutes to your home away from home. I can “gush” forever. Email me for endless kudos and travel recommendations for this area. I think everyone should come here. - Lynn

• Stayed October 2005
16 Thank lerdmann
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jonquieres
Ibis Orange Sud
Ibis Orange Sud
#5 of 18 in Orange
Hostellerie Chateau des Fines Roches
Hostellerie Chateau des Fines Ro...
#1 of 4 in Chateauneuf-du-Pape
Hotel Cigaloun-Orange
Hotel Cigaloun-Orange
#1 of 18 in Orange
La Maison sur la Sorgue - Esprit de France
La Maison sur la Sorgue - Esprit...
#1 of 15 in L'Isle-sur-la-Sorgue

Been to Mas du Clos de l'Escarrat? Share your experiences!