We have just spent a couple of days at Bosque of Paz. I can highly recommend that if you have time head straight here from the airport for your first experience of the wonders of Costa Rica. The hotel is to be applauded for what it has achieved for conservation and it is great that this special place is in such safe and caring hands. The trails are really well marked to allow you to enjoy the wet tropics and cloud forests without the crowds of Monteverde. Hummingbirds abound and we had great sightings of quetzals too. As for what you expect from a good hotel, the rooms are spacious, staff attentive, the lodge very comfortable and the food great. But what makes this place special is that it is a true forest of peace. Rob Dunn, Australia.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bosque de Paz Biological Reserve is a 1000-hectare natural biological corridor, located on the Central Volcanic Range, Continental Divide, between the Juan Castro Blanco Watershed National Park and the Poas Volcano National Park. It is a rain and cloud forest, located 1 1/2 tour away from San Jose, 35 minutes from Sarchi and 25 minutes away from Zarcero. It has excellent access to the Arenal and Poas volcanoes, and the area of Sarapiqui, San Carlos, Carara National Park, Jaco Beach. At this lodge, you may enjoy the exuberant biodiversity of centennial trees loaded with orchids, bromeliads, mosses and ferns, surrounded by an unforgettable setting filled with impressive mountains, valleys, rivers and waterfalls. Guests breathe the pure mountain air, while they hike through the trails though the lush rainforest, and then enjoying the exquisite food at the Bosque de Paz restaurant, which is a sample of Costa Rican hospitality offered through the personal attention of the Gonzalez family, owners of the lodge. Accommodations: Bosque de Paz counts with 12 spacious and exquisitely decorated rooms, with Costa Rican exclusive designs and handcrafts. Each of the rooms has two double beds, and a private bathroom with hot water. Outside the rooms, there are large balconies with a spectacular view to our mountains. Guests can be surprised to be awakened by the song of tropical birds and the sound of howler monkeys. At Bosque de Paz, guests enjoy a comfortable terrace, with a spectacular view to the mountains, where they can see birds, the hummingbird gallery, butterflies, mammals....... The lodge has a library with books on natural history, a research laboratory, and a comfortable meeting room. There is an interesting research Project at the Dr. Stephen Kirby Orchid Garden, which has become very popular with orchidologists and naturalists. Activities: Birdwatching; mammals, hummingbirds, and orchids observation; hiking, honneymoons, photography, annual family meeting, anti-stress program, yoga, meditation. Day Trips from Bosque de Paz: Canopy, rafting, horse back-riding, volcanoes, hot springs, safari river boat, National Parks, among others. We receive small groups only, to protect our Reserve biodiversity. For that reason, we are able to offer personalized attention to our guests, who expects to come back to live another unforgettable experience in contact with nature at Bosque de Paz. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Bosque de Paz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bosque De Paz Hotel Bajos Del Toro
- Bosque De Paz Costa Rica/Bajos Del Toro