This was certainly right for us. Good hiking right off the property and a beautiful, simple, natural space. I liked the architectural vibe-- exposed wood, exposed stone, high ceilings. The food was good and healthy and the staff was very friendly. We loved the rooms, especially the stone showers. It was kind of like a beautiful, well-equipped luxurious camp. I loved the outdoor area with nice benches and places to relax. My children (15, 11, and 4) all felt very at home and loved the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bosque de Paz Biological Reserve is a 1000-hectare natural biological corridor, located on the Central Volcanic Range, Continental Divide, between the Juan Castro Blanco Watershed National Park and the Poas Volcano National Park. It is a rain and cloud forest, located 1 1/2 tour away from San Jose, 35 minutes from Sarchi and 25 minutes away from Zarcero. It has excellent access to the Arenal and Poas volcanoes, and the area of Sarapiqui, San Carlos, Carara National Park, Jaco Beach. At this lodge, you may enjoy the exuberant biodiversity of centennial trees loaded with orchids, bromeliads, mosses and ferns, surrounded by an unforgettable setting filled with impressive mountains, valleys, rivers and waterfalls. Guests breathe the pure mountain air, while they hike through the trails though the lush rainforest, and then enjoying the exquisite food at the Bosque de Paz restaurant, which is a sample of Costa Rican hospitality offered through the personal attention of the Gonzalez family, owners of the lodge. Accommodations: Bosque de Paz counts with 12 spacious and exquisitely decorated rooms, with Costa Rican exclusive designs and handcrafts. Each of the rooms has two double beds, and a private bathroom with hot water. Outside the rooms, there are large balconies with a spectacular view to our mountains. Guests can be surprised to be awakened by the song of tropical birds and the sound of howler monkeys. At Bosque de Paz, guests enjoy a comfortable terrace, with a spectacular view to the mountains, where they can see birds, the hummingbird gallery, butterflies, mammals....... The lodge has a library with books on natural history, a research laboratory, and a comfortable meeting room. There is an interesting research Project at the Dr. Stephen Kirby Orchid Garden, which has become very popular with orchidologists and naturalists. Activities: Birdwatching; mammals, hummingbirds, and orchids observation; hiking, honneymoons, photography, annual family meeting, anti-stress program, yoga, meditation. Day Trips from Bosque de Paz: Canopy, rafting, horse back-riding, volcanoes, hot springs, safari river boat, National Parks, among others. We receive small groups only, to protect our Reserve biodiversity. For that reason, we are able to offer personalized attention to our guests, who expects to come back to live another unforgettable experience in contact with nature at Bosque de Paz. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Bosque de Paz reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bosque De Paz Hotel Bajos Del Toro
- Bosque De Paz Costa Rica/Bajos Del Toro